SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

WIndows 7 x64 aiccu problem
[se] Carmen Sandiego on Friday, 14 September 2012 20:16:17
I have tried to followed the instructions on how to setup a Heartbeat tunnel without success. It seems to fail after that I have installed the TAP driver and moving on with running aiccu. openvpn-2.1.4 only installs a 32 bit driver. I tried with openvpn-2.2.1 as well but same result. This is the step where aiccu fails: aiccu_os_exec("netsh int ipv6 add v6v4tunnel sixxs 10.1.0.20 82.96.56.14") Operation not allowed in WOW64. (I'm forwarding all IP 41 packets to/from my internal host (10.1.0.20) through my firewall. The firewall address translates these packets to my routable IPv4 address when sent on the Internet.)
[se] Carmen Sandiego on Saturday, 15 September 2012 19:20:22
Well..I got it working now. This is what I did. I disabled the TAP adapter. I manually added a ip6ip4Tunnel using netsh. The aiccu program set up an incorrect inbound rule for ICMP pings. If I was quick when running aiccu, I was able to modify the firewall rule and the pings from the tunnel provider went through and a reply was sent back. The tunnel then stayed open.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Sunday, 16 September 2012 19:53:23
I manually added a ip6ip4Tunnel using netsh.
This should not be needed as AICCU will set it up. What exactly (except for your password) is the contents of your aiccu.conf?
The aiccu program set up an incorrect inbound rule for ICMP pings.
Which rule was wrong? If you set AICCU to verbose you should set the rules it is configuring.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Sunday, 16 September 2012 19:52:16
openvpn-2.1.4 only installs a 32 bit driver.
There are signed 64bit drivers in OpenVPN and also available from the AICCU page. But, as you are using a proto-41 based tunnel you do not need those drivers as the operating system provided tunnel is used.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker