SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Diversity or homogeny or mobile tunnel?
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 30 September 2008 07:35:38
I have a tunnel and subnet for my home network, and now I would like a tunnel for my laptop since 6to4 and Teredo are proving very unreliable for me in my travels. Does anyone have any thoughts on whether I should pick a different POP or the same POP as my home tunnel for my laptop? - uschi02 is my home POP and the lowest latency from my laptop's aircard--at least while using it from home. - sharing a POP would be the shortest route from my laptop IPv6 to my home IPv6 - different POP's would leave me with a working tunnel if one POP goes down Two very minor forum notes: A preview button would be nice; and the code example for the strikethrough tag to the right looks as if it should say not good instead of Strikethrough.
Diversity or homogeny or mobile tunnel?
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Tuesday, 30 September 2008 11:50:00
uschi02 has a great team behind it, that PoP is not likely to go down. Just request an AYIYA tunnel from it, and then use that when traveling around. If you have enough credits, you could even request a tunnel from eg a PoP on the other coast or if you are going to Europe request one from there. If you want true mobility, you could of course look into Mobile IPv6. this subject for a couple of links.
Two very minor forum notes: A preview button would be nice;
It is on the long wishlist. There was edit functionality, but it is disabled because of misuse.
and the code example for the strikethrough tag to the right
looks as if it should say not good instead of Strikethrough.
Strikethrough (line-through in CSS) is the correct name afaik. Fixed.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker