SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Mobile IPv6
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 11 June 2007 14:42:35
Hi, sorry, for asking, but the forum search is offline (blank page). I have now setup my ipv6 network at home! Now at work, I think, it is useful to have also a ipv6 address. Now i can setup a new tunnel end point, but what is with mobile ipv6? It is available from/by sixxs? Please let me know your suggestions for this situation... Thomas
Mobile IPv6
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Monday, 11 June 2007 15:44:34
Search was offline for a few because of some changes that where being made, it should work fine again now though. Mobile IPv6 is something you will have to do yourself as SixXS doesn't provide a Home Agent, see Haiku for an excellent interface for that. Also check the Mobile IPv6 HOWTO for quite some information on this subject. One can live without MIPv6 though by simply requesting an AYIYA tunnel for the host you are using. Everywhere you go the tunnel will follow and work (except when 5072 UDP is filtered). This is what I use myself and it hasn't failed once. Mobile IPv6 does become very interesting when you have a full native IPv6 network everywhere you go, but as you are tunneling over an IPv4 network most likely anyway, this doesn't do much good yet.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker