SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

AYIYA tunnels and Win32
[pl] Carmen Sandiego on Tuesday, 02 May 2006 15:43:24
Hello, I have a problem with AYIYA tunnel running on WindowsXP, aiccu is configured correctly and runs properly. The problem is, aiccu does not create sixxs interface at all. I've read there are some issues with AYIYA tunnels running on Windows. Can someone give me the explanation or any tip how to fix this problem? Thanks!
AYIYA tunnels and Win32
[us] Carmen Sandiego on Thursday, 31 May 2007 02:44:14
Did you remember to install the tap32 driver for Windows XP? https://noc.sixxs.net/tools/aiccu/ You can also use the most recent installation of OpenVPN. After installing either, AICCU will setup the tunnel and you will have another network interface.
AYIYA tunnels and Win32
[de] Shadow Hawkins SixXS PoP Administrator on Wednesday, 12 March 2008 02:31:02
Beware that "most recent" installations now install version v9 of the tap-interface. However the aiccu-tool does not yet recognise/work with that driver. It requires a v8-driver. However after having installed OpenVPN with the v9-driver (which might have removed any previous drivers, afaik) you can easily reinstall the v8-version in parallel. Works here. I've seen a note somewhere that porting of aiccu to the newer driver is pending. Maybe that would also ease support for newer Windows-versions that OpenVPNs tap-driver (v9) now works with.
AYIYA tunnels and Win32
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Monday, 12 May 2008 16:04:42
Just in case, for people going through the forums, like me, at least the console windows edition supports the v9 tap, and can also use the v8 one, see the aiccu page.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker