SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Force programs to use subnets address
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 16 July 2013 10:55:13
Hi, I finally had time to get my tunnel up and running again. And my subnet is now also working fine. However the machine I use as my ipv6 tunnel+router also runs serveral other programs for me. This is all fine of course however if I connect to some server the ipv6 address of my tunnel is used instead of the one of my subnet. This in turn means that my reverse DNS setup has no effect as this is only valid for my subnet and not my tunnel. Now I get why this is happening (default routes etc). However I was wondering if anybody has a somewhat elegant way to work around this. Thanks in advance, --Roeland
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 16 July 2013 12:19:33
I found a solution. If you depricate the tunnel address the kernel will not want to use it if any other adress is available. Which means the address assigned to the subnet is used. The command to do this ip addr change <ip> dev <interface> preferred_lft 0 Where <interface> is your tunnel interface and <ip> is the global ipv6 address of that interface. I hope this can also help other people. Cheers, --Roeland
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 12 November 2014 19:06:40
Roeland Douma wrote:
I hope this can also help other people.
I was already pulling my hair out over this! Thanks for posting. Worked instantly and like a charm.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker