SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

No IPv6 Linux, dualboot.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 10 July 2013 11:03:37
I have a pc running dualboot Windows XP and Linux Mint 13 XFCE. In Windows I have IPv6 (according to http://ipv6-test.com) In Linux Mint I don't have IPv6. However, from a command line I can still ping google.com ($ping6 google.com) $ifconfig eth0 gives me two inet6 addr. 2001:7b8:2ff:8469:xxxxxx Another pc (running Ubuntu 12.04, not dualboot) shows 3 interfaces: 1.eth0, 2.lo, 3.teredo The dualboot show 2 interfaces: 1.eth0, 2.lo
No IPv6 Linux, dualboot.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Wednesday, 10 July 2013 13:46:08
Are these hosts in the same network, are they receiving connectivity from a tunnel on another host or on the host itself, or native etc?
Windows XP
If you have enabled IPv6 in XP there is a possibility you get connectivity automatically from Teredo or 6to4.
In Linux Mint I don't have IPv6.
How do you define "has IPv6"? the ipv6-test? Because if your browser does not support it or there are other configuration options that disable/block it it won't work of course.
However, from a command line I can still ping google.com ($ping6 google.com)
$ifconfig eth0 gives me two inet6 addr. 2001:7b8:2ff:8469:xxxxxx
(I really wonder how much ICMP traffic google gets ;) As you have an address (from where, what is the path), what is the way you 'test' that it works or not, if browser, check that your browser is IPv6 enabled.
Another pc (running Ubuntu 12.04, not dualboot) shows 3 interfaces: 1.eth0, 2.lo, 3.teredo
Did you enable the teredo interface yourself? If not, you might want to get rid of it and use your other connectivity. Note that Teredo only provides connectivity as best effort.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker