SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Fritzbox 7390 does not work with new SixXS Account
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 01 July 2013 12:32:38
I'm not able to configure my Fritzbox 7390 to use IPv6 with my brand new SixXE account. I did not get any IPv6 address. Nothing is shown in the logfile of the box. Only if I use a wrong password, the logfiel say: wrong password. But with the correct password, nothing is shown. The SixXE web frontend shows: Last Alivenever
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Monday, 01 July 2013 12:36:40
I am not entirely sure, but I do not think that a Fritz!Box supports static tunnels. As such, convert your tunnel to a heartbeat tunnel and things likely will start working. You might want to contact AVM about this problem too, but I would not be surprised if they say "use a heartbeat tunnel".
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 01 July 2013 12:39:48
Jeroen Massar wrote:
I am not entirely sure, but I do not think that a Fritz!Box supports static tunnels. As such, convert your tunnel to a heartbeat tunnel and things likely will start working. You might want to contact AVM about this problem too, but I would not be surprised if they say "use a heartbeat tunnel".
Thank for the quick answer. Now I need to know what is a "heartbeat tunnel" and what does I have to change at what place? ....
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 01 July 2013 12:43:26
Frank Urban wrote:
Jeroen Massar wrote:
Thank for the quick answer. Now I need to know what is a "heartbeat tunnel" and what does I have to change at what place? ....
OK. Found it in the webfrontend from SIxXS and changed it. So it does not work with my static IPv4? Now I got a IPv6
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Monday, 01 July 2013 12:47:44
Frank Urban wrote:
OK. Found it in the webfrontend from SIxXS and changed it.
Great, then the interface is not as convoluted as some people say it is ;)
So it does not work with my static IPv4?
I think this might indeed be a limitation in the Fritz!Box implementation indeed. You could ask AVM about it. Technically though there should not be any difference. Both the static tunnel and the heartbeat one use protocol-41, as such there is no overhead except for the IPv4 header. The other minor overhead is a heartbeat once in a while but that is mostly negligible.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Monday, 01 July 2013 12:44:05
Now I need to know what is a "heartbeat tunnel" and what does I have to change at what place?
For the exact technical details see the heartbeat page or less technical the Tunnel Comparison. But you do not really have to worry about those details. Just log in to your user home, then you will find a list of tunnels, click on the link for your tunnel, there will be a lot of options, amongst which the one under the "Tunnel Type / endpoint" header. Just change the selection to "6in4-heartbeat" and hit the "Change Tunnel Type" button and voila, the type will be changed and your Fritz!Box should better understand it.
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 02 July 2013 12:16:29
After changing the tunnel type my score went down and I'm now not longer able to setup a own DNS server. Can you raise my score, so I can configure this please?
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Tuesday, 02 July 2013 14:42:33
Please read the FAQ on credits. We do not give out credits for free.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker