SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

OpenWrt 8.09 RC2
[ca] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 29 January 2009 06:32:56
Now that all IPv6 scripts have been converted to use UCI configuration files stored in /etc/config/ the OpenWrt wiki and SixXs wiki instructions are outdated. I'd like to test a heartbeat tunnel, but I can't since usewr01.sixxs.net is down. Anyone here mind testing it out so that any bugs can be found before the final 8.09 release? I can provide an x86 VMWare image with all the necessary packages if needed. http://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=18475 Cheers, Jason
OpenWrt 8.09 RC2
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 29 January 2009 09:51:14
I'd like to test a heartbeat tunnel, but I can't since usewr01.sixxs.net is down.
See here
Anyone here mind testing it out so that any bugs can be found before the final 8.09 release?
I am running SVN versions for some time already and they are working quite fine. Only big issue I have is that one HAS to run 2.6, as 2.4 includes PPTP NAT support which is broken and crashes the box (and yes, I like to use PPTP sometimes), thus 2.4 is not an option. But 2.6 crashes when pushing a lot of data/connections through it (#4262 and #4395 amongst others). AICCU works fine in static, heartbeat and AYIYA mode. Configuration is very straightforward. One does have to tweak some things though: * Have an 'rdate <ntpserver>' or similar BEFORE aiccu starts (I am going to let AICCU force time setting in a next release to avoid this, and have an option that it can reconfigure time run-time too, of course enabled per default but it can be turned off in config) * I have a "ip -6 addr add 2001:41e0:ff42:b00:214:bfff:fe72:f83c/64 dev eth0.0" in that rc script @ S89 too, as otherwise one doesn't get a local IP address. * Then I start AICCU @ S90 (normally S50, which is WAYYY too early as there is most likely not even any connectivity set up, new AICCU will also re-try the correct way so that this is not needed anymore) * Then I start radvd @ S91 Then all works (except for above mentioned problems).
OpenWrt 8.09 RC2
[ca] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 23 February 2009 19:50:30
Hi Jeroen, Are you using an aiccu.conf file or the 6scripts package? I can't seem to get the UCI scripts (/etc/init.d/aiccu & /etc/init.d/6tunnel) configured properly, but "aiccu start&" works just fine.
OpenWrt 8.09 RC2
[ca] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 09 March 2009 03:04:21
Hi Jeroen, Do you mind trying aiccu with 8.09 final and the 6scripts package? I have mine working with the aiccu UCI script but it's intermittent after a reboot. After installing 6scripts you'll probably want to disable 6bridge and 6tunnel since we're focusing on just the heartbeat tunnel:
/etc/init.d/6bridge disable /etc/init.d/6tunnel disable
Modify /etc/config/aiccu:
config aiccu option username'handle-SIXXS' option password'password' option protocol'heartbeat' option server'tic.sixxs.net' option interface'sixxs' option tunnel_id'T1XXXX' option requiretls'' option defaultroute'1' option nat'1' option heartbeat'1'
And /etc/config/radvd:
config interface option interface'lan' option AdvSendAdvert1 option AdvManagedFlag0 option AdvOtherConfigFlag 0 option ignore0 config prefix option interface'lan' # If not specified, a non-link-local prefix of the interface is used option prefix'2001:db8::/64' option AdvOnLink1 option AdvAutonomous1 option AdvRouterAddr0 option ignore0 config rdnss option interface'lan' # If not specified, the link-local address of the interface is used option addr'' option ignore1
Add the following to /etc/config/firewall:
config rule option _nameping option srcwan option protoICMP option targetACCEPT config rule option _namesixxs option srcwan option proto41 option targetACCEPT
After the above modifications I'm able to ping out via the OpenWrt router (after a reboot or two), but my Ubuntu client is not routing properly. Not sure if I have to add any static routing? or what else I might have missed. Cheers, Jason
OpenWrt 8.09 RC2
[at] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 09 March 2009 21:56:55
Anyone got it working yet? I use the same configuration, as youd do (but I'm using AYIYA). Pinging from router works, but I've problems with giving connectivity to the clients since I updated from an RC to Release of 8.09.
OpenWrt 8.09 RC2
[at] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 14 March 2009 12:59:15
I solved it. It's as simply as adding the folloing lines to the start section of /etc/inet.d/aiccu: ip -6 addr add <Subnet-Prefix>::1/64 dev br-lan ip -6 route add <Subnet-Prefix>::1/64 dev br-lan I thought I had done this already. Is there an easy way to get the subnet prefix? I want to create a patch which adds these parts automatically.
OpenWrt 8.09 RC2
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Saturday, 14 March 2009 14:35:31
You only need to add the address, thus "ip -6 addr add ..." as that also adds the route. Theoretically you don't have to do this, as when the interface sees an RA from radvd it would configure itself. But, when you enable RADVd it disables the acceptance of those packets.
Is there an easy way to get the subnet prefix?
I want to create a patch which adds these parts automatically.
Upcoming version of AICCU will finally do all of that. First though new PoP-side code, otherwise the client can't query those things.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker