SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

sysctl:cannot stat /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/forwarding:No such file or directory
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 09 June 2013 21:33:04
I'm trying to setup my Raspberry Pi (loaded with weezy-rasbian) as an IPv6 router as described on page 78-83 in Linux Journal Mai 2013. During my setup I messed up to much. :-( and at a moment I got the message: "sysctl: cannot stat /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/forwarding: No such file or directory"
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo sysctl -p kernel.printk = 3 4 1 3 vm.swappiness = 1 vm.min_free_kbytes = 8192 sysctl: cannot stat /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/forwarding: No such file or directory
Since I couldn't solve it, I started all over from the beginning with another SD card loaded with the same weezy-rasbian. Unfortunately it starts already going wrong with the first command (it didn't go wrong in my first trial): putting "net.ipv6.conf.all.forwarding=1" (without quotes) in /etc/sysctl.conf gives me the same error as described above. When I remove the line in /etc/sysctl the error disappears. But leaving the line out means IPv6 routing is not enabled. What am I doing wrong here?
sysctl:cannot stat /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/forwarding:No such file or directory
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Sunday, 09 June 2013 21:46:12
Is the IPv6 kernel module loaded? a
lsmod|grep ipv6
should show it, or check '/sbin/ifconfig -a' if you have any IPv6 addresses there.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 09 June 2013 22:00:13
Jeroen Massar wrote:
Is the IPv6 kernel module loaded? a
lsmod|grep ipv6
should show it, or check '/sbin/ifconfig -a' if you have any IPv6 addresses there.
Thanks Jeroen. You solved in a second what I couldn't do in half a day. (that's how it is with a newbee)
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Sunday, 09 June 2013 22:01:46
(that's how it is with a newbee)
And that is why asking (and daring to ask) is a good thing, as one might get an answer that saves quite some time ;)

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker