SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Netcologne native IPv6 and SixXS
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 07 June 2013 00:18:15
Hello, today I received a mail from my ISP Netcologne via SixXS that I can participate in their test phase for native IPv6 deployment. I'd like to do that, but I've some questions: My AVM 7270 router can either connect natively or via the current static 6in4 SixXS tunnel, apparently not both at the same time. So I have to disable my tunnel while being connected natively, so my ISK would probably get lost because of the downtime. I'd like to keep the tunnel as a backup, though, in case the native connection won't work properly in the first time. Is there an easy solution for this? Even if all works well, and I can use the native IPv6 connection from now on, I'll probably need another (or accordingly changed) SixXS tunnel with a new endpoint in a few weeks or months, where an internet connection is currently planned. I'll probably need a heartbeat tunnel there. Regards, Christoph
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 07 June 2013 02:48:34
so my ISK would probably get lost because of the downtime.
Not if you use heartbeat or when you have a static tunnel you disable it. As such, either use heartbeat or disable the static tunnel.
I'll probably need a heartbeat tunnel there.
I suggest changing the endpoint or tunnel type of the existing tunnel. Enjoy your native IPv6 ;)
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 07 June 2013 15:23:40
Hi, thank you very much for your quick answer. Jeroen Massar wrote:
> so my ISK would probably get lost because of the downtime. Not if you use heartbeat or when you have a static tunnel you disable it. As such, either use heartbeat or disable the static tunnel.
I'll probably need a heartbeat tunnel there.
I suggest changing the endpoint or tunnel type of the existing tunnel.
So I'll request native IPv6 from my ISP, and disable the static tunnel as soon as it is up and running; if something goes wrong, I simply re-enable the tunnel and switch back. If everything works stable as expected, I re-use the tunnel later by changing the endpoint to the new location and the type to heartbeat. Is there a time constraint for this? Will my account be deleted due to inactivity one day? Regards, Christoph
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 07 June 2013 15:27:59
Is there a time constraint for this? Will my account be deleted due to inactivity one day?
No, there is no 'inactivity' measure in the system. There are only three reasons for account disabling: fake data, abuse and email bounces. For email bounces one can typically contact us and get the account re-enabled.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker