SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

SIXXS setup with external DNS
[ca] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 23:48:57
Hi everyone, I currently have 2 CentOS5/6 machines linked to a Cisco SA520W Security Appliance with fixed IP addresses provided by my ISP. I also have an online CentOS6 server which handles the domain/subdomain names through bind. I will lose soon this setup due to ISP changes, so I need to use SIXXS as alternative. chronos.domain.com -- online server with bind running apollo.domain.com -- home network machine, on Cisco router hermes.domain.com -- home network machine, on Cisco router The traffic flow is: apollo.domain.com > chronos.domain.com (bind) > ISP WAN > Router > LAN I did not selected any options related to my SIXXS account creation because I wanted to consult with you before I proceed. Basically, I want to build the AICCU rpm and install it on all CentOS machines. Can you please advice me what do I have to do next? I'm very comfortable with Linux and IPv4, but IPv6 is a bit of mystery for me. Thank you for your help. Floren
SIXXS setup with external DNS
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Tuesday, 07 May 2013 14:57:15
As SixXS connectivity does not provide you with IPv4, using just the IPv6 for serving authoritive DNS is a bad idea. Most DNS clients/relays do not have an IPv6 transport and thus will fail.
Basically, I want to build the AICCU rpm and install it on all CentOS machines.
If all machines are in the same network, you just need to get 1 tunnel to one of the machines and then share the prefix (subnet) from that machine that will provide IPv6 to all hosts in the network. Please see the FAQ and Wiki for more details.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker