SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Setting up AYIYA on Vigor 2750
[gb] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 15 December 2012 15:48:55
Hello, I'm having issues setting up a tunnel on my Draytek Vigor 2750 and would be grateful if anyone out there could shed some light on what might be wrong. I've tried following the guide for the Vigor 2130 on the wiki but I must be missing something because I can't make any IPv6 connections. So! Here's what I've done so far: 1. Given the Tunnel a password 2. Set it up in router's WAN setup identical to the guide (screenshot) 3. Set up LAN to use RADVD (unsure about DHCPv6 settings) and added tunnel endpoint (screenshot) 4. Restarted router/renewed IP on client PCs etc. Here's my routing table, and my router logs. Additionally, here's an output of ipconfig on one of my machines, which seems to show that it has been allocated an IP and everything.. Thanks!
[gb] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 17 December 2012 00:36:39
Hi
3. Set up LAN to use RADVD (unsure about DHCPv6 settings) and added tunnel endpoint
Have you assigned your tunnel /64 to the LAN by mistake? Check on your SixXS home page. You should be using the address in the second column of the subnets table (subnet prefix). From your logs it looks as if your AICCU login is successful. HTH, Nick.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Monday, 17 December 2012 07:53:09
Have you assigned your tunnel /64 to the LAN by mistake?
According to the screenshot showing the routes (http://i.imgur.com/1iUkM.png ), that is indeed the case. http://i.imgur.com/htve5.png also shows that the wrong one is selected there. I am actually already surprised that the thing configures, given that Draytek is claiming that they do not support AYIYA tunnels....
[gb] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 17 December 2012 21:51:52
Hey guys, thanks for the replies. You're both right, I set the tunnel /64 to LAN by accident. Whoops! I think ultimately, however, that the issue was actually a bit more severe and a bug with the Vigor firmware. Specifically, if you've tried to set up a TSPC connection in the past it really interferes with the configuration process. The solution I found for this was to SSH into the router and wipe /etc/config/ipv6 completely clean (ie remove it) and reboot. This caused it to recreate a blank file without any other settings interfering. Combining both of the above and the tunnel is working now (though it's a bit unstable/laggy occasionally, still trying to work out why!). Quick question; I'm really not sure if dnsv6 is properly supported with the draytek software, but if it is, I'm a bit confused as to what to enter. Would the start be e.g 2a01:XXX:6:666::2/64 and the end 2a01:XXX:6:666::fffe/64? I'm a bit rusty on my knowledge and understanding of IPv6 so far (which is where the tunnel comes in!) so I'm not sure what real range I get with my subnet. Thanks a lot for the help anyway, very much appreciated.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Monday, 17 December 2012 22:36:03
Quick question; I'm really not sure if dnsv6 is properly supported with the draytek software, but if it is, I'm a bit confused as to what to enter.
Do you mean DNS or DHCP? If DNS.... Don't bother too much with configuring a DNS server on an IPv6 address, the one you have on IPv4 works perfectly fine. Note that there is a difference between "transport" (thus where you query the DNS server over IPv4 or IPv6) and "data" (thus that it is an A or AAAA record). IPv4 (A) and IPv6 (AAAA) data can go both over IPv4 and IPv6 transport perfectly fine. The only reason to bother with an IPv6 transported DNS server is when you do not have IPv4 anymore, but that is quite a few years off still... If DHCPv6... don't bother either too much, SLAAC, or Router Advertised addresses work perfectly fine without much hassle.
[gb] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 30 December 2012 12:04:26
Thanks for this information. I've left it running a couple of weeks and things seem to be much more stable so as things are, it seems I'm about as set-up as I'm going to be! Thanks for all the help in getting me up and running :)

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker