SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

AICCU and TOS
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 10 August 2012 19:39:41
Hello, does AICCU relay TOS values?
AICCU and TOS
[cz] Carmen Sandiego on Saturday, 11 August 2012 12:55:03
As far as I can see Linux 6in4 implementation (sit) is copying TOS field from higher layer to lower: iph->tos = INET_ECN_encapsulate(tos, ipv6_get_dsfield(iph6)); (net/ipv6/sit.c:851) As for UDP (tun/tap) implementation - I didn't find such behaviour in aiccu/common/tun.c
AICCU and TOS
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 27 August 2012 19:46:00
I'm sorry, but I'm not very familiar with network programming, but where is the code that actually forwards the packet, and how can I change it to copy the TOS field? The problem simply is that I'm at a very narrow network connection (an ADSL line) which I would like to use as efficient as possible particularly since I want to start doing video telephony via IPv6. Now I use the same line for IPv6 as well as legacy IPv4. I'm using an AYIYA tunnel. Of course one solution would be to use 2 routers. One doing the NA(P)T for IPv4 and running AICCU, the other one throttling down the traffic and throwing away non essential packets, hopefully seeing IPv4 and IPv6 traffic in unison.
AICCU and TOS
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Monday, 27 August 2012 23:15:59
I've added the 'tunneltos' option to AICCU which is enabled per default this should have the same behaviour for the AYIYA protocol as the kernel variant for proto-41 tunnels. Hopefully the new AICCU will be ready soon, but it needs a few more fixes and updates to make it worthy of a release and github distribution.
AICCU and TOS
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 28 August 2012 17:51:42
Thank you very much!
AICCU and TOS
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 27 August 2012 20:10:32
Hmm, maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like changing my tunnel to 6in4-heartbeat would preserve the TOS and therefore solve my problem. Could that work?
AICCU and TOS
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Monday, 27 August 2012 23:16:22
That would do the trick today, otherwise wait a week or two max for the new AICCU which can do it for AYIYA tunnels too.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker