SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Multicast on Windows?
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 11 January 2004 13:04:01
is there something like 'ecmh' for Windows or is there an another way to use the Multicasting on Windows?
Multicast on Windows?
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Sunday, 11 January 2004 18:15:55
Not that I am aware of, ask Microsoft ;) ecmh is a router based on MLD. Officially one should not be doing that and it is a real dirty hack. PIM is next to be implemented into ecmh though. For Windows one would need to have PIM for IPv6 and ofcourse an upstream that does PIM.
Multicast on Windows?
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 11 January 2004 19:45:48
I searched the Microsoft website for Multicasting and the only Protocol I found at this moment is "IGMP". Also it seems to be replaced by MLD, I was not able to find some other things for windows. I hope someone else finds a way.
Multicast on Windows?
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Sunday, 11 January 2004 19:57:24
Not entirely: IGMPv3 == the IPv4 equiv of MLDv1 in IPv6. The IGMP protocol was implemented in ICMPv6. Apparently there is no IPv6 multicast routing available for Windows, just like for Linux, though ecmh fills that gap.
Multicast on Windows?
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 11 January 2004 21:47:27
They say I can setup an IGMP Router or something with RAS (Win2003 Server) I haven't got the time to test it yet. (I tried, but I first need to disable incomping VPN and some other things) and I can't afford losing IPv4 NATting at this moment, because of exames this week (and school putting everything on the net).
Multicast on Windows?
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Sunday, 11 January 2004 22:00:53
IGMP is IPv4 and SixXS does IPv6.... Best thing to do for you, seeming you have a Windows 2003 Server is to contact Microsoft and ask for support on it, IPv6 is a supported feature. Then again it is a server OS and not a routing OS.
Multicast on Windows?
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 11 January 2004 22:59:45
I think I better can reclaim my siters PC and put Linux of BSD on it for IPv6 routing

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker