SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Two routers, two tunnels
[dk] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 02 August 2012 20:52:54
I've got a slow(ish) flatrate adsl and a fast(er) metered 4G router. On 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 Both are connected to 192.168.1.50 on my freebsd router/homeserver. I'd like the adsl to be used for the adresses at work; for remote monitoring and for a low bandwith incremental backup. For mail (which is also routed via the work servers) and for other slow (background) use like keeping software repositories up to date. This can be controlled by routing the selected destination networks to adsl, and the 4G to default gateway, so I use the 4G for my own surfing. However, can I have two ipv6-tunnels. so I can also route work-ipv6 to adsl and play-ipv6 to 4G? I'm currently using ayiya for my tunnels
Two routers, two tunnels
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Sunday, 05 August 2012 01:20:51
You could do that by requesting two tunnels. How you set up the routing properly etc though is left as an exercise by reading various forum messages. It depends on your OS how one can achieve what you are looking for.
Two routers, two tunnels
[dk] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 01 September 2012 09:55:22
It seems I must use FreeBSD's FIB system to have different routing-tables for different processes, so I can route the two tunnels over different routers to the same POP. Interesting...

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker