SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Heartbeat tunnel problems
[be] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 29 November 2003 21:56:19
I've been using a normal IPv6 tunnel from Sixxs for a while now, and I know how difficult the first setup can be :), but I got it all working and I was happy. Now, with the new heartbeat tunnel, I'm a bit confused why it's not working... This is what the heartbeat-client is sending all the time: [HB] HEARTBEAT TUNNEL 2001:838:300:66::2 213.118.132.238 1070137555 <password> ^^ ^^ Correct, this is my tunnel IPv6 endpoint. ^^ ^^ Also correct, this is my IPv4 endpoint I'm running debian, and this is in my /etc/rc2.d/S19ipv6 init script: echo "Starting IPv6 HEARTBEAT" ./etc/heartbeat/client/heartbeat-client /etc/heartbeat/client/conf.conf #(conf.conf is an exact copy of what the tunnel Client Configuration script #pasted, with the exception of ipv6_local_resolve, which is set to #neimod.gotdns.org) # # only the heartbeat client is new in the init script, the rest was there # before the heartbeat tunnel and worked perfectly! echo "Starting IPv6 tunnel" ip tunnel add sixxs mode sit remote 213.197.27.252 ip link set dev sixxs up ip link set mtu 1280 dev sixxs ip tunnel change sixxs ttl 64 ip -6 addr add 2001:838:300:66::2/64 dev sixxs ip -6 route add 2000::/3 via 2001:838:300:66::1 dev sixxs Now, the problem is, when I ping6 www.6bone.net or ping6 efnet.ipv6.xs4all.nl, I get this response: PING efnet.ipv6.xs4all.nl(efnet.ipv6.xs4all.nl) 56 data bytes From localhost.nic.fr icmp_seq=1 Destination unreachable: Address unreachable From localhost.nic.fr icmp_seq=2 Destination unreachable: Address unreachable Anything I am doing wrong?
[be] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 29 November 2003 21:57:26
Ok, the spaces are a bit messed up, but you can catch my drift
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Sunday, 30 November 2003 02:04:29
You might want to show: - tunnel endpoints - running process of the heartbeat client - the configuration of the heartbeat client - assigned addresses - routing tables - tcpdump of underlying interface showing: - heartbeats going out - icmp pings through the tunnel Then maybe someone could tell what was wrong. By pinging an IRC server or other host, somewhere far outside the network of the POP just doesn't show anything. Most IRC servers filter icmp anyways. Next to that IRC? If you want to demonstrate that a tunnel works or doesn't work, first ping the localendpoint, then the remote and then a hop further downstream while keeping a tcpdump of the interface that actually carries the tunneled packets in IPv4 running in the background.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker