SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

AICCU on Freetz claims ip: RTNETLINK answers: Permission denied
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 28 December 2011 19:58:13
I have been trying to setup my Freetz FritzBox 7270v3 to act as an IPv6 router using AICCU and an AYiYA tunnel. (A Heartbeat tunnel as supported by the standard AVM firmware is out of the question, as I am using an UMTS connection with a private 10.0.0.0/8 address.) Starting AICCU reproductively leads to no IPv6 address being assigned to the sixxs Interface and the following information is printed if I start AICCU in verbose mode:
Succesfully retrieved tunnel information for T85142 sock_printf() : "QUIT Ajuuu paraplu" Tunnel Information for T85142: POP Id : chzrh02 IPv6 Local : 2001:1620:f00:176::2/64 IPv6 Remote : 2001:1620:f00:176::1/64 Tunnel Type : ayiya Adminstate : enabled Userstate : enabled ip: RTNETLINK answers: Permission denied ip: RTNETLINK answers: Permission denied ip: RTNETLINK answers: No route to host
I suppose the striped ip command of Freetz does not support a command produced by AICCU to setup the interface correctly? Does anybody know this error message? Do you know which call is executed by AICCU which leads to this? Using a standard Linux computer the tunnel comes up just fine. I tried to search this forum but didn't find the button.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Wednesday, 28 December 2011 21:38:50
You are running it as root/uid0 hopefully?
Does anybody know this error message? Do you know which call is executed by AICCU which leads to this?
AICCU simply executes the 'ip' command from iproute2 to do it's dirty work like setting up routes, adding interfaces etc. As such that binary must be there and able to add routes etc. If you would run AICCU in verbose mode you should see which calls it is making.
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 29 December 2011 08:54:52
You are running it as root/uid0 hopefully?
root@fritz:/var/mod/root# id uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
AICCU simply executes the 'ip' command from iproute2(...)
That is what I figured. As far as I know Freetz has only a BusyBox emulation for the ip command. It was capable of handling the commands I have given it so far, but it most likely only support a subset of the commands of ip in iproute2?
root@fritz:/var/mod/root# ip help BusyBox v1.19.2 (2011-12-28 15:22:45 CET) multi-call binary. Usage: ip [OPTIONS] {address | route | link | tunnel | } {COMMAND} ip [OPTIONS] OBJECT {COMMAND} where OBJECT := {address | route | link | tunnel | } OPTIONS := { -f[amily] { inet | inet6 | link } | -o[neline] }
The documentation of Freetz suggests AICCU has been running on many FritzBox 7270 models in the past. Documentation seems to be roughly two years old. As the AICCU version used on ARCH Linux and on Freetz seems to be from 2007
root@fritz:/var/mod/root# aiccu version AICCU 2007.01.15-console-linux by Jeroen Massar
I would expect that it should still behave the same as two years ago.
If you would run AICCU in verbose mode you should see which calls it is making.
The output given in my first post came from this configuration file:
root@fritz:/var/mod/root# cat /mod/etc/aiccu.conf username MEV1-SIXXS/T85142 password xxx tunnel_id T85142 ipv6_interface sixxs # protocol tic server tic.sixxs.net verbose true daemonize false automatic true pidfile /var/run/aiccu.pid
I tried the verbose mode on a ARCH linux computer too, which didn't give me the ip commands used either. Maybe there is another switch to make AICCU even more verbose?
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 30 December 2011 10:29:42
The commands it will execute for a tun/tap are: device=sixxs mtu=1280 linklocal=fe80::1234 youripv6=<tunnel>::2 popipv6=<tunnel>::1 ip link set ${device} up ip link set mtu ${mtu} dev ${device} ip -6 addr add ${linklocal}/64 dev ${device} ip -6 addr add ${youripv6}/64 dev ${device} ip -6 ro add default via ${popipv6} dev ${device} You can try running those after the above have failed and while AICCU is still running. Don't forget to fill in the right tunnel addresses. You might want to install a real iproute2 'ip' command instead of using the busybox variant.
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 30 December 2011 11:16:01
Thank you. Your information helped. It seems that the current AVM-Firmware (which by itself supports IPv6) has [CODE] root@fritz:/var/mod/root# cat /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/default/disable_ipv6 1 [/CODE] which implies the newly created interface sixxs to have ipv6 disabled. Changing the value to 0 makes it work flawlessly now. Thanks again for your help.
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 11 April 2015 14:07:09
Thanks, this did also fix the issue for me. But additionally I had to execute ip -6 ro del default dev dsl to be able to connect the outside world via ipv6

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker