SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

AICCU not running setupscript
[fi] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 03 August 2007 04:12:02
I'm running "AICCU 2007.01.15-console-linux by Jeroen Massar" on CentOS 5 (kernel 2.6.18-8.1.8.el5). I've noticed that aiccu doesn't run the setupscript configured in aiccu.conf. I know this because the access time of the setupscript file isn't updated when aiccu runs, and the contents of the setupscript doesn't take effect. The script file is owned by root, mode 755 and accessible by any user on the system. Here's the contents of my aiccu.conf, skipping comment lines: username TS19-6BONE password xxx protocol tic server tic.sixxs.net ipv6_interface sixxs tunnel_id T3350 verbose true daemonize true automatic true requiretls false pidfile /var/run/aiccu.pid defaultroute true setupscript /usr/local/etc/aiccu-subnets.sh makebeats true Otherwise aiccu works fine, it sets up the tunnel and defaultroute etc, it just doesn't run the setupscript. Is this a known feature, a bug, a configuration error, or what?
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 03 August 2007 20:39:03
This option is currently only supported on Windows. It will appear in the next release.
[sk] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 09 September 2007 10:49:21
Ist there also any schedule for new release?
AICCU not running setupscript Private
[se] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 03 July 2008 19:03:42
One year later and still no new version? :-( Is there some other way to automatically add another IP adress to the sixxs interface when aiccu is done?
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 03 July 2008 19:07:09
start.bat aiccu start netsh int ipv6 addr add... And if you look correctly at the AICCU page there is a new version. But why would you want to add an address to the *tunnel* interface anyway? It is a tunnel, it only lives in that /64, nothing else.
[se] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 03 July 2008 19:41:23
Latest UNIX/Console version: 2007.01.15 (I'm Running Gentoo Linux; had I been running Windows I assume, according to this thread, that the older version would have worked anyway?) I'm not sure I want to add it to the tunnel interface... I want to have an address out of my subnet on the router, and add reverse DNS to that entry (primarily for Postfix). Any hints on how to do this best? I'd also prefer if outgoing requests from the router used the subnet IP, but I don't know how to do that. In any case, I solved the IP adding part by hacking the init script. A bit ugly but it works.
[ca] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 03 June 2009 16:44:10
Assuming you are starting aiccu on linux via /etc/init.d/aiccu Then all I did was add a line to that startup script to call /usr/local/etc/aiccu-subnets.sh when starting up. This worked just fine, and you just have to call it during the 'start' section, as the routes are automatically removed when the device is removed shutting down aiccu. - Steven
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 11 January 2011 16:53:00
I don't understand how this could work. I looked at the source code of my Fedora RPM. My understanding is that the option is accepted but ignored. There does not seem to be any code that does something with the configured value. Pim
[ch] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 18 March 2012 00:56:47
This issue has been open for almost 3 years now ... and still there's no fix in sight? I understand I can work around the problem by adding the script to the init-script by hand. But I feel that's just not the correct way to do it.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 20 October 2015 16:34:38
Manuel Friedli wrote:
This issue has been open for almost 3 years now ... and still there's no fix in sight? I understand I can work around the problem by adding the script to the init-script by hand. But I feel that's just not the correct way to do it.
This issue is fixed in Debian. Here's the source patch I'm using Fedora and had to rebuild aiccu from the source rpm, but that works. I did file a bug report at Fedora's bugzilla, but it was rejected as they feel "upstream" should fix this. I'm trying again now, hoping that either SixXS or Fedora will apply this patch. The setupscript is very useful for adding secondary IPv6 addresses to the sixxs interface. aiccu in Fedora is being started from systemd, so there is no traditional init script any more.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker