SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Problem setting IPV6 on Gentoo
[fi] Carmen Sandiego on Thursday, 18 September 2003 19:16:38
Hi, i have some trouble on setting up my ipv6 connection to work. I have Gentoo linux 2.4.20-r7 I previously had xs26.net configured but they were too unstable so i'm switching to here to see if this one works better (hopefully it does) :) So, i'm using the ip-script for new linux, tried the old linux script also but didnt work either. My script: ip tunnel add sixxs mode sit local 80.222.51.120 remote 213.204.193.2 ip link set sixxs up ip link set mtu 1280 dev sixxs ip tunnel change sixxs ttl 64 ip -6 addr add 2001:960:2:74::2/64 dev sixxs ip -6 ro add default via 2001:960:2:74::1 dev sixxs My xs26.net script /sbin/iptunnel add $TUNLIF mode sit local $MYIPv4 remote $XSIPv4 ttl 64 /sbin/ifconfig $TUNLIF up /sbin/route -A inet6 add 2000::/3 dev $TUNLIF /sbin/ifconfig $TUNLIF add $MYIPv6 This script works if i wanna set my xs26.net to work but the other one dont, i have tried to use the "old-linux" script but no luck in there also. I can ping the ipv4 address of the POP but cant get the ipv6 to work. I can ping myself but the packets dont seem to go outside. I have no firewall yet and the xs26 worked quite well but i cant get this one to work. So if someone has got a good plan i would be more than happy to hear it. (No, my route table is clean from the old thingies from xs26)
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 18 September 2003 19:45:31
You might want to read the message you got from the robot which says that you need to enable the tunnel through the webinterface... then wait for approx 15 minutes and it should work. If it still doesn't work, dump outputs of: ip tun sho ip addr sho ip -6 ro sho and do some tcpdumps to possibly find it out yourself :) But I guess the problem is that you didn't enable the tunnel.
[fi] Carmen Sandiego on Thursday, 18 September 2003 20:01:28
Oh yeah ... Sorry, i misread it so that i should first get my ping to work on the POP and then i should enable it ... Aaah, this is what you get when doing stuff half-asleep and then dont meddle to check the details again =( Thanks anyway :)

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker