SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Question on setting up IPv6 with FritzBox - username problem
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 01 April 2011 08:02:03
Hi All, I am a new user and trying to establish a IPv6 Tunnel with my FritBox 7390. I have requested a heartbeat Tunnel and a Subnet. When configuring the heartbeattunnel on the FB , the log shows: "Internet Connectivity failed (SIXX Tunnel), wrong Username and password." I am wondering, what is requested for the username and the Password. As Username, i did put in my SIXX Username (TMF5-SIXXS), my tunnel ID and as password i did put in the TIC PASSWORD which can be configured in the Tunnel Setup on the SIXX Homepage. Ts this correct? Thanks for any hint and regards, Toby
[de] Shadow Hawkins SixXS PoP Administrator on Friday, 01 April 2011 08:07:41
Try as username with "username/tunnelid" and the TIC-password.
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 03 April 2011 12:19:04
The Hint with username/tunnelID was correct. You need to enter "username/tunnelid" for the username, then your tunnelid again under "tunnelID". The Password is the TIC Password that you have to set! thanks for the hint! regards, Toby
[be] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 30 April 2011 08:52:21
Interesting; on my Fritz!Box 7270 International, I only entered my SIXXS username under "username" (and my tunnel ID only under "Tunnel ID"), and it works!
[de] Shadow Hawkins SixXS PoP Administrator on Saturday, 30 April 2011 11:09:52
Was that your main password or the TIC-password used just for this one tunnel? There is a difference in authentication.
[be] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 06 May 2011 12:44:53
To be honest, I think I use the same password as main password and TIC password, so this was probably the reason.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 09 May 2011 17:58:51
I have done some testing as well, on a Fritz!Box 7270 with FW 54.04.90 (latest). It seems to me that if the 'main' password is not equal to the 'TIC' password, then the username has to be modified to contain the /Tnnnnn Tunnel-ID. Regards, Frits.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 09 May 2011 18:02:10
Could it be that if you login as USER-SIXXS without the /T12345, but with the 'main' password, you have access to all tunnels created by USER-SIXXS? Regards, Frits.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Monday, 09 May 2011 18:58:37
That is correct: when logging in with the username/password that is also used for the website login you see all the tunnels, when logging in using the per-tunnel username/T<xxx> + tunnel-password you only can see that specific tunnel.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 09 May 2011 19:34:34
Hello Jeroen, But you cannot login into the website with USER-SIXXS/T12345? You mean when a TIC client like AICCU or the Fritz!Box logs in at tic.sixxs.net:3874? Regards, Frits.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Monday, 09 May 2011 21:12:59
But you cannot login into the website with USER-SIXXS/T12345?
No you can't. We provide the per-tunnel password so that people have a little bit of extra security when somebody can take a peek at the aiccu.conf The web-based password one should really keep to one self.
You mean when a TIC client like AICCU or the Fritz!Box logs in at tic.sixxs.net:3874?
Indeed, that is also why it is called a "TIC login" or a "TIC password".

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker