SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Solaris 8 IPv6 reconfiguration apparently causing 'route flush'
[gb] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 04 March 2003 10:49:51
I've been using a Solaris 8 box as an IPv6 router for a while now, and everything is fine once I've got it set up. I wonder if anyone else has seen this, though: Often when I reconfigure IPv6 interfaces, the box loses all its IPv4 routes, even 'connected' routes. This is especially annoying when attempting to reconfigure remotely... Maybe I'm missing something, but surely 'ifconfig hme0 inet6 up' shouldn't affect IPv4?
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 06 March 2003 18:11:01
You could try asking this question on the sun-ipv6-users mailinglist. Site: http://playground.sun.com/pub/solaris2-ipv6/html/solaris2-ipv6.html Subscribe: Mail to majordomo@sunroof.eng.sun.com with 'subscribe sun-ipv6-users' as Body or 'help' for further help Contributions to: sun-ipv6-users@sunroof.eng.sun.com
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 08 March 2003 21:44:50
How exactely do you reconfigure the IPv6 interfaces? Playing around with the inet6 interfaces should have no impact whatsoever on the IPv4 routes. Although I'm now only using sol9 I do not recall ever having problems with this on sol8 either. As long as you always use the inet6 statement with ifconfig and -inet6 with route, things should never be mixed up.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker