SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

aiccu on centos7
[gr] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 27 January 2017 23:35:36
Hello I found out that aiccu is not available in epel repository for Centos 7 I also tried to download the rpm for centos 6 but it did not install on centos 7 due to missing dependencies So currently the only way to setup a tunnel on centos7 is to use a 6in4-static tunnel? Or is there any other way to use aiccu on centos 7?
aiccu on centos7
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Saturday, 28 January 2017 07:31:55
Triantafyllos Tsakidis wrote:
Hello I found out that aiccu is not available in epel repository for Centos 7 I also tried to download the rpm for centos 6 but it did not install on centos 7 due to missing dependencies So currently the only way to setup a tunnel on centos7 is to use a 6in4-static tunnel? Or is there any other way to use aiccu on centos 7?
Contacting your ISP and asking them for Native IPv6 is a good step. It is 2017 afterall... As for the package, contact your vendor, and one can always use the source ;) Though, if you are trying to do tunnels now, I suggest really going for the ISP option. See the news pages for more details.
aiccu on centos7 Private
[gr] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 28 January 2017 11:57:35
Jeroen Massar wrote:
Contacting your ISP and asking them for Native IPv6 is a good step. It is 2017 afterall... As for the package, contact your vendor, and one can always use the source ;) Though, if you are trying to do tunnels now, I suggest really going for the ISP option. See the news pages for more details.
I have already contacted my ISP and they say that it is in their plans to do so "as soon as possible" whatever that might mean :) Currently I used the source to build aiccu I installed gcc and libgnutls-devel packages and make succeeded. I had to fiddle with the init script a little but it seems to work Thank you for your time
aiccu on centos7 Private
[gr] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 28 January 2017 12:00:05
For anyone interested the procedure I used for installation from source is the one described here

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker