SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

systemd too optimistic about network
[ca] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 19 December 2016 16:53:55
My system won't start aiccu at boot time, because the network is not ready enough. This system uses systemd, with a dependency like so: [Unit] Description=AICCU (Automatic IPv6 Connectivity Configuration Utility) Wants=network.target network-online.target After=network.target network-online.target time-sync.target When it starts aiccu, the host side of the network is good, but the network is not connected. Immediately after boot, starting aiccu manually does work correctly. So I believe that systemd is being optimistic about the network being up, especially if I connect through wifi (which I do usually). How else can I set this up, to get a reliable, more conservative target to wait for?
systemd too optimistic about network
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Monday, 19 December 2016 18:33:07
Please file a bug report with your distribution directly, as apparently as the original coder of the project one has little to say when a package is maintained by some downstream. In the end though, your real solution is to get NATIVE IPv6 from your ISP. You did Call Your ISP we hope?
systemd too optimistic about network Private
[ca] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 19 December 2016 20:01:46
Jeroen Massar wrote:
Please file a bug report with your distribution directly, as apparently as the original coder of the project one has little to say when a package is maintained by some downstream. In the end though, your real solution is to get NATIVE IPv6 from your ISP. You did Call Your ISP we hope?
Of course I have asked for native IPv6, twice a year. But I'm on the road, it isn't my ISP. Cox Cable/Internet in the USA has IPv6 if you ask. Most hotels do not.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker