SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Change tunnel type
[au] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 17 September 2016 00:44:10
My new firewall does not support my current sixxs tunnel type, very annoying. I have a feature request in the firewall for a tunnel types supported to be expanded. I have tried to change the tunnel type to 6in4 -heartbeat and put a DNS entry for the IP address, but nothing happens. I have a dynamic external IP address, so how do I change tunnel type. Yes, I have asked the ISP when will they be implementing IPv6, no plans because they purchased a large IPv4 block, took over another ISP that also had a large IPv4 block and were then taken over by a not very progressive ISP. So frustrated, please advise next step in my tunnel change? Thank you for your ongoing support, Ian
Change tunnel type
[au] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 17 September 2016 01:28:05
Ian Morehouse wrote:
My new firewall does not support my current sixxs tunnel type, very annoying. I have a feature request in the firewall for a tunnel types supported to be expanded. I have tried to change the tunnel type to 6in4 -heartbeat and put a DNS entry for the IP address, but nothing happens. I have a dynamic external IP address, so how do I change tunnel type. Yes, I have asked the ISP when will they be implementing IPv6, no plans because they purchased a large IPv4 block, took over another ISP that also had a large IPv4 block and were then taken over by a not very progressive ISP. So frustrated, please advise next step in my tunnel change? Thank you for your ongoing support, Ian
My mistake, I don't require an IPv4 at my end for a6in4, just need to be able to change my tunnel type. Ian
Change tunnel type Private
[cz] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 23 September 2016 07:35:55
Ian Morehouse wrote:
Ian Morehouse wrote:
My mistake, I don't require an IPv4 at my end for a6in4, just need to be able to change my tunnel type. Ian
Hi Ian, I and many other write to this discussion forum, but our messages are deleted. I have user-disabeld 4 tunnels because sixxs stops changing endpoint to be massive pressure for sixxs users to do something with ISP that haven't IPv6. On one hand I understood Jeroen and others, but on other hand I don't understood, that don't want to say directly - only says: Read the News page. Our biggest cable provider UPC Czech Republic (a part of Liberty Global) don't support IPv6 and all users have public IPv4. Yes Jeroen, I can vote for another ISP, which is more expensive and have less speed, but have IPv6. My vote is OK sixxs, You want that I must leave IPv6 from Your service, that I come back to the IPv4 world only. Thanks for two and half year of service for me. Pavel
Change tunnel type
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Sunday, 18 September 2016 08:12:37
Please read the articles on the news page and Vote With Your Money by getting an ISP that lives in 2016.
[au] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 25 September 2016 12:52:11
Jeroen Massar wrote:
Please read the articles on the news page and Vote With Your Money by getting an ISP that lives in 2016.
That answer is not very helpful when your ISP is not willing to add IPv6 to their network. The choice of ISPs using IPv6 in Australia is extremely small. A further issue is that the alot of firewall manufacturers do not support native IPV6 only some form of tunnel. Ian
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Sunday, 25 September 2016 13:08:25
That answer is not very helpful when your ISP is not willing to add IPv6 to their network.
It is 2016. IPv6 is 20 years old. How much more time do you need?
The choice of ISPs using IPv6 in Australia is extremely small.
Sounds like a business opportunity. But also a monopoly. See the news articles for info on that.
A further issue is that the alot of firewall manufacturers do not support native IPV6 only some form of tunnel.
Did you contact those ISPs for IPv6 support? You had a few years now. Also, did you bother checking other vendors? Or heck, Open Source? Lots of Firewalls properly support IPv6. None of these is something we can help with. We are just running SixXS for fun, we do not have spare time to talk to every ISP and every vendor in the world that they need to be doing what they know they need to have done for over a decade already... Hence: Call Your ISP for Native IPv6!
[au] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 26 September 2016 10:08:30
Ian Morehouse wrote: Yes, I called my ISPs and posted the results as requested. Yes, I put my money on a pair of progressive ISPs and they were swallowed by a conservative ISP with a very poor track record for provision of services and features. Ian

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker