SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Content of sbb.ch/home.html not loading over SIXXS tunnel
[ch] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 24 July 2016 17:18:10
I'm trying to locate the source of a problem I have been having for quite some time. I use a SIXXS tunnel at two different locations. Each tunnels terminates on different POPs in Switzerland, one is static, the other one uses ayiya. And at both locations, users can't use the website of the Swiss Railway www.sbb.ch because its content doesn't load. I'm trying to figure out if it's a problem on my sixxs endpoints or some kind of issue between the POPs and the SBB network. At one place, I have native v6 connectivity in addition to the tunnel and over that native v6 link, the website www.sbb.ch and its content load just fine. Over the SIXXS tunnel, I observe (independently of the machine, the OS and the browser used) that www.sbb.ch gets a HTTP redirect to www.sbb.ch/home.html That html page is fetched without problem and the browsers start to download the various external ressources (images, js, ...). Eventually the browser tries to load a logo located at http://www.sbb.ch/content/sbb/de/desktop/_jcr_content/configNavigation/logo.spooler.logo.-1.png/1300643137591/sbb-logo.png And loading this image ressource blocks the loading of further content and displaying to page at all. So all the user sees is the HTML page title appearing in the browser and then an endless loading. Eventually after minutes the browser might fall back to v4 and loads the content. My question would be if anyone elso could confirm whether they can download http://www.sbb.ch/content/sbb/de/desktop/_jcr_content/configNavigation/logo.spooler.logo.-1.png/1300643137591/sbb-logo.png over their SIXXS tunnel (from a system different from the SIXXS endpoint) or not. For instance a wget -6 http://www.sbb.ch/content/sbb/de/desktop/_jcr_content/configNavigation/logo.spooler.logo.-1.png/1300643137591/sbb-logo.png on a client gives me just: Resolving www.sbb.ch... 2a00:4bc0:ffff:ffff::c296:f58e Connecting to www.sbb.ch|2a00:4bc0:ffff:ffff::c296:f58e|:80... connected. HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK Length: 3727 (3.6K) [image/png] Saving to: `sbb-logo.png' 0% [ ] 0 --.-K/s When I do that on the sixxs endpoint itself, it loads the image. So if there was to a PTMU issue on my side for example (because obviously connectivity the the web server itself seems to be OK), why would only the SBB website be affected? I have yet to see another v6 website having that issue. I should be glad for any input from other users having or not having the same issue. Jean-Pierre
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Sunday, 24 July 2016 17:36:23
Their network is dropping ICMPv6 somewhere. They know about this problem. See also this thread.
[ch] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 24 July 2016 17:48:00
Hi Jeroen Jeroen Massar wrote:
Their network is dropping ICMPv6 somewhere. They know about this problem. See also this thread.
I guess I need to learn to use the search function of the forum. Sorry for bothering. But it seems the problem has been around for at least half a year now; a clear sign that they either don't take the problem seriously or need help. Anyway, thanks for the fast statement. Jean-Pierre
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Sunday, 24 July 2016 17:51:23
But it seems the problem has been around for at least half a year now; a clear sign that they either don't take the problem seriously or need help.
We offered help, they claim they know about the problem. Little else that one can do. Reaching out to SBB over social media might be a good idea, especially with UPC/Cablecom forcing IPv6+CGN down many of the lower contracts.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker