SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

What is IPv6_ADDRESS_OF_SIXXSNSCACHE_2 ?
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 28 February 2016 01:26:44
I apologize in advance because I am sure that this has been asked before. I can't figure out how to search the forums. I was looking up on how to set up register my ipv6 addresses in my linux BIND9 DNS server. I found the following statements in the WIKI about setting up a DHCPv6 server and adding a statement into my RADVD.CONF file. I am not sure what the parameters in the RDNSS statement. lenovix:~$ cat /etc/radvd.conf interface eth0 { AdvSendAdvert on ; # Advertise at least every 30 seconds MaxRtrAdvInterval 30; # in order to force non RFC 6106 compliant clients to get a dns address AdvOtherConfigFlag on ; prefix 2001:db8:1000:baba::/64 { AdvOnLink on; AdvAutonomous on; }; RDNSS IPv6_ADDRESS_OF_SIXXSNSCACHE_1 IPv6_ADDRESS_OF_SIXXSNSCACHE_2 { }; };
[de] Carmen Sandiego on Friday, 04 March 2016 22:35:34
George Brooks wrote:
I apologize in advance because I am sure that this has been asked before. I can't figure out how to search the forums. I was looking up on how to set up register my ipv6 addresses in my linux BIND9 DNS server. I found the following statements in the WIKI about setting up a DHCPv6 server and adding a statement into my RADVD.CONF file. I am not sure what the parameters in the RDNSS statement. lenovix:~$ cat /etc/radvd.conf interface eth0 { AdvSendAdvert on ; # Advertise at least every 30 seconds MaxRtrAdvInterval 30; # in order to force non RFC 6106 compliant clients to get a dns address AdvOtherConfigFlag on ; prefix 2001:db8:1000:baba::/64 { AdvOnLink on; AdvAutonomous on; }; RDNSS IPv6_ADDRESS_OF_SIXXSNSCACHE_1 IPv6_ADDRESS_OF_SIXXSNSCACHE_2 { }; };
remove RDNSS IPv6_ADDRESS_OF_SIXXSNSCACHE_1 IPv6_ADDRESS_OF_SIXXSNSCACHE_2 { }; and change the prefix to your subnet ip you got from sixxs. happy ipv6 :)
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 05 March 2016 05:41:15
George Brooks wrote:
I was looking up on how to set up register my ipv6 addresses in my linux BIND9 DNS server. I found the following statements in the WIKI about setting up a DHCPv6 server and adding a statement into my RADVD.CONF file. I am not sure what the parameters in the RDNSS statement.
IPv6_ADDRESS_OF_SIXXSNSCACHE_1 and IPv6_ADDRESS_OF_SIXXSNSCACHE_2 should be replaced with IPv6 addresses of the DNS servers you want the lan clients to use.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker