SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Ubiquity EdgeOS 1.7
[gb] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 09 September 2015 18:53:19
Hi, my DIR-825 running Barrier-Breaker OPENWRT tried to melt itself and has been consigned the the suspect hardware pile, probably indefinitely!!! I have replaced it with a Ubiquity Edgerouter X - a nice little box with lots of configuration options including lots of IPv6 stuff. There are a number of articles talking about SIXXS and SIT tunnels. As usual the challenge is the lack of a static IP. I was using AICCU Heartbeat tunnel on the OpenWrt which worked fine. There are suggestions that the heartbeat functionality can be emulated via a python script on the EdgeRouter. I followed the setup guides I could find and could not get it to work. As a short term measure, hopefully, I have setup a HE Tunnel - they use DYNDS updater protocol for their heartbeat which was pretty straightforward to setup using the DDNS client on the Ubiquity. Does anyone have a HeartBeat Tunnel up and running on a Ubiquity Box? Could you share some configuration tips to enable me to get my SIXXS tunnel up and running again pls?
Ubiquity EdgeOS 1.7
[de] Carmen Sandiego on Friday, 11 September 2015 09:14:22
Adrian Merwood wrote:
Does anyone have a HeartBeat Tunnel up and running on a Ubiquity Box? Could you share some configuration tips to enable me to get my SIXXS tunnel up and running again pls?
I did the same last week on a Ubiquity Edgerouter X, too. I followed the wiki page to add Debian packages to Edge OS: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/205202560-EdgeMAX-Add-other-Debian-packages-to-EdgeOS After this it is possible to simply install the aiccu package through apt-get. The configuration was easy. If you change the tunnel device from 'sixxs' to 'tunX' in /etc/aiccu.conf you can even manage the tunnel interface through EdgeOS.
Ubiquity EdgeOS 1.7
[de] Carmen Sandiego on Friday, 11 September 2015 11:44:20
I have the following IPv6 related snippets in my config file: switch switch0 { address 10.0.0.1/24 address 2001:yyyy:yyyy:yyyy::1/64 description LAN ipv6 { dup-addr-detect-transmits 1 router-advert { cur-hop-limit 64 link-mtu 0 managed-flag false max-interval 600 other-config-flag false prefix 2001:yyyy:yyyy:yyyy::/64 { autonomous-flag true on-link-flag true valid-lifetime 2592000 } radvd-options "RDNSS 2001:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx::1 { };" reachable-time 0 retrans-timer 0 send-advert true } } switch-port { interface eth1 interface eth2 interface eth3 interface eth4 } } and protocols { static { route6 ::/0 { next-hop 2001:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx::1 { } } } }

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker