SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

"Same In&Out Interface" Errors
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 31 August 2015 17:20:54
Hello, Recently I set up a SixXS tunnel on my DD-WRT router and so far everything's working as expected. However, I went to my "Tunnel Stats" page and noticed that I keep getting "Same In&Out Interface" errors. I don't really know what this means, how it's happening, and how I can fix it. My config seems to be valid and I don't have any IPv6 connectivity issues, so I have no idea what this problem is and how to fix it. Additionally, this (or something similar) is causing the tunnel loss statistics to be reported as 100%, which seems to cause the tunnel to fail ping checks (even though that might just because the tunnel is new). Is there anything I can do to get this to work properly?
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Monday, 31 August 2015 19:44:25
"Same In&Out Interface"
Means that you are sending the packets to the PoP where they come in where the destination is actually on your side of the tunnel, thus for the PoP having to send it out over the same interface. This typically happens when you have a subnet, eg a /48, but only terminate a part of it ,say a /64, locally while sending packets for the rest back to the PoP. This is why you should always null-route the subnet delegated to you. If the PoP did not mark this as an error such packets would indefinitely (well up to hop limit) bounce between your host and the PoP which is quite a waste of bandwidth
the tunnel loss statistics to be reported as 100%,
There is a big FAQ about that: make your endpoint ping.
Is there anything I can do to get this to work properly?
Configure your setup properly ;)
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 31 August 2015 22:10:17
Jeroen Massar wrote:
Configure your setup properly ;)
So, how would I do that properly? What am I doing wrong? I have no idea on how to do this through the GUI on my router -- most everything I could find was over a command-line interface. I have zero idea what to put in these fields. Tunnel config Subnet config Relevant part of firewall iptables -I INPUT 2 -s 66.186.192.174 -p icmp -j ACCEPT ip6tables -I FORWARD 3 -p icmpv6 -j ACCEPT iptables -I INPUT 2 -p ipv6 -j ACCEPT
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 01 September 2015 04:37:05
Nevermind. I got it to work now.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker