SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Setup of 6in4 on router w/Tomato 1.28 firmware
[us] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 20 June 2015 20:55:56
I currently have a ipv6 tunnel thru HE/Tunnelbroker, that works fine, but for ONE major problem. It seems the Linux vps I need to have access to is hosted by a vendor that is "ipv6 single-homed on Cogent", which, means "you can't get there from here" according to folks on HE's forum. Apparently, HE only peers with other carriers, and Cogent only does transit agreements/contracts. Thus, it appears the old saw "you can't get there from here" applies via an HE/tunnelbroker-hosted ipv6 connection.. The vps vendor said they'd look into the problem over a month ago, and nothing has happened.. I'm working on a project where I really need to get to this vps via ipv6 from my home network (CoxCommunication, who is nowhere *close* to native ipv6 in near future). I have an Asus router running Tomato 1.28 firmware that encapsulates 6in4 tunnels quite nicely. According to the wikipedia listing of tunnel providers tunnelbroker list SixXS supports 6in4. I signed up several years ago with SixXS and tried to get ipv6 going using AYIYA and aiccu, and gave up.. I'd appreciate any pointers to info on setting it up via 6in4 on a Tomato-based router... Thanks Dave
Setup of 6in4 on router w/Tomato 1.28 firmware
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Saturday, 20 June 2015 21:27:25
Apparently, HE only peers with other carriers, and Cogent only does transit agreements/contracts.
Trying to force other companies to give away stuff is not going to work when your network and traffic volumes are a tiny wee fraction of theirs.... as that would not be an equal exchange, hence logical that they treat one as a small network and require the same thing other small networks are required to do.
I have an Asus router running Tomato 1.28 firmware that encapsulates 6in4 tunnels quite nicely.
Then you need to use a standard 'static 6in4 tunnel'.
I signed up several years ago with SixXS and tried to get ipv6 going using AYIYA and aiccu, and gave up..
AYIYA is for when you are behind a NAT. If you have a static IP you can use a 'static 6in4 tunnel'. If you have a dynamic IP (and not behind a NAT) you can use a 'heartbeat 6in4 tunnel'.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker