SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

No outside ipv6 connectivity after setting static tunnel.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 31 May 2015 13:54:54
Hi, I've got the tunnel working with AYIYA but because my end point was static I've decided to spend 15 credits and change it to static. After changing it and rebooting the router (tunnel is set up on OpenWRT Barrier Breaker 14.07 router with AICCU) logread shows correct retrieval of the static tunnel, sixxs.org page shows the tunnel alive, however I don't have any ipv6 global connectivity. root@OpenWrt:~# ping6 sixxs.org PING sixxs.org (2a01:258:8:2::4): 56 data bytes ping6: sendto: Operation not permitted What can be the problem? The only change I've made was changing the tunnel type of my tunnel. I know when I change it back to AYIYA then I'll get the ipv6 connectivity back but I'm rather interested why it stopped working?
[Solved] No outside ipv6 connectivity after setting static tunnel.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 02 June 2015 11:50:32
Michal Rutka wrote:
Hi, I've got the tunnel working with AYIYA but because my end point was static I've decided to spend 15 credits and change it to static. After changing it and rebooting the router (tunnel is set up on OpenWRT Barrier Breaker 14.07 router with AICCU) logread shows correct retrieval of the static tunnel, sixxs.org page shows the tunnel alive, however I don't have any ipv6 global connectivity. root@OpenWrt:~# ping6 sixxs.org PING sixxs.org (2a01:258:8:2::4): 56 data bytes ping6: sendto: Operation not permitted What can be the problem? The only change I've made was changing the tunnel type of my tunnel. I know when I change it back to AYIYA then I'll get the ipv6 connectivity back but I'm rather interested why it stopped working?
Seems like the option option defaultroute 'true' in /etc/config/network does not work for static tunnel. After adding /usr/sbin/ip -6 route add default dev aiccu-wan6 to /etc/rc.local everything is working again as it used to. Seems like AICCU needs a bit improvement.
[Solved] No outside ipv6 connectivity after setting static tunnel.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Sunday, 07 June 2015 16:38:14
Seems like the option
option defaultroute 'true'
in /etc/config/network does not work for static tunnel. After adding
/usr/sbin/ip -6 route add default dev aiccu-wan6
If you are using the OS to configure a tunnel, then you do not need AICCU.
to /etc/rc.local everything is working again as it used to. Seems like AICCU needs a bit improvement.
AICCU cannot solve problems/configurations already made by the administrator of the host.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker