SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Multihoming
[se] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 09 May 2015 11:01:21
Is it possible to have your SixXs subnet routed over more than one SixXs tunnel? I have multiple IPv4 accesses and would like to have one tunnel over each access, but use the same subnet on my side. Preferrably to different PoPs as well.
Multihoming
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Saturday, 09 May 2015 13:13:44
Is it possible to have your SixXs subnet routed over more than one SixXs tunnel?
No. A prefix can only be routed towards one endpoint.
I have multiple IPv4 accesses and would like to have one tunnel over each access, but use the same subnet on my side. Preferrably to different PoPs as well.
What is the problem you are trying to solve?
Multihoming
[se] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 18 May 2015 15:10:38
Jeroen Massar wrote:
I'm sorry if I was unclear. What I'm trying to achieve is redundancy. By announcing our local v6 network via multiple paths we would still have v6 access even if one of our ISPs connections go down.
Multihoming
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Monday, 18 May 2015 15:19:00
Martin Algo wrote:
Jeroen Massar wrote:
I'm sorry if I was unclear. What I'm trying to achieve is redundancy. By announcing our local v6 network via multiple paths we would still have v6 access even if one of our ISPs connections go down.
One can't (BGP) "announce" any of the SixXS prefixes. Also note that the PoP is a single point of failure, when it goes down, connectivity is down.
Multihoming
[se] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 21 May 2015 08:55:28
That answers my question. Thank you!

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker