SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

heartbeat and m0n0wall
[at] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 14 June 2004 12:02:02
i have m0n0wall (bsd router) and behind a linux and a windows computer i want to run heartbeat on the linux computer but it does not wanna start in any way - on the windows computer all runs without a problem perhaps anyone can tell me what is wrong with it the ipv6 proto is forwarded to the linux computer perhaps it is wrong what i have here # The hostname or IP of the 'external' IP # from which the heartbeat should originate ipv4_local_resolve 192.168.0.254 what should i enter here cause public ip changes after disconnect # Dynamic tunnels require the use of special configuration tools. # Configuration for SixXS Heartbeat Client # SixXS - http://www.sixxs.net # Autogenerated by SixXS Website (http://www.sixxs.net) # Created at 2004-06-07 15:21:05 # # Commentlines start with semicolon (;), hash (#), # double slash (//) or a space ( ). # Empty lines are ignored. # Argument values may be quoted using single (\') and double (") quotes. # # examples: # os linux # os "linux" # os \'linux\' # Operating System (linux/freebsd/openbsd/netbsd/winxp) os "linux" # Interface the tunnel should go over # used for detecting the local IPv4 endpoint ipv4_interface "eth0" # IPv4 address of the POP (nlams01/nlams02/nlams04/demun01/iedub01/dkcop01) # This is also the address to where heartbeats are sent ipv4_pop "deham01.sixxs.net" # ipv4_local is figured out automatically # from the ipv4_interface # Special case for people having their # endpoint behind a NAT hb_behindnat 1 # # Don't change the local tunnel endpoint #hb_statictunnel 1 # # The hostname or IP of the 'external' IP # from which the heartbeat should originate ipv4_local_resolve 192.168.0.254 # Interface to be used for the tunnel # will be created on the OS's that need that ipv6_interface "sixxs" # The local and remote sides of the tunnel ipv6_pop "2001:6f8:900:27a::1" ipv6_local "2001:6f8:900:27a::2" # The prefix length of the tunnel # Tunnel space is thus ipv6_pop/ipv6_prefixlen ipv6_prefixlen 64 # The Heartbeat password for this tunnel hb_password "***" # The interval at which to send the heartbeat hb_sendinterval 60 # Informational: after this timeout the tunnel # is taken down at the POP side hb_timeout 300 # Put the client in the background? (default) # Set to 0 to keep in foreground, eg for daemontools daemonize 1
heartbeat and m0n0wall
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Monday, 14 June 2004 12:08:49
The IPv4_local_resolve feature is present in the unix version of the client to allow people to use a dns name or IP address to designate the public IP. You can uncomment the option by adding a # in front of the line, which is how it gets supplied in the example as there is now the hb_behindnat option which takes care of it. As you are behind a NAT you will also want to set the hb_statictunnel option to 1.
heartbeat and m0n0wall
[at] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 14 June 2004 15:33:14
so i have changed it now but still does not run - perhaps there are still errors in the config or i am just too dumb to run it # Dynamic tunnels require the use of special configuration tools. # Configuration for SixXS Heartbeat Client # SixXS - http://www.sixxs.net # Autogenerated by SixXS Website (http://www.sixxs.net) # Created at 2004-06-07 15:21:05 # # Commentlines start with semicolon (;), hash (#), # double slash (//) or a space ( ). # Empty lines are ignored. # Argument values may be quoted using single (\') and double (") quotes. # # examples: # os linux # os "linux" # os \'linux\' # Operating System (linux/freebsd/openbsd/netbsd/winxp) os "linux" # Interface the tunnel should go over # used for detecting the local IPv4 endpoint ipv4_interface "eth0" # IPv4 address of the POP (nlams01/nlams02/nlams04/demun01/iedub01/dkcop01) # This is also the address to where heartbeats are sent ipv4_pop "deham01.sixxs.net" # ipv4_local is figured out automatically # from the ipv4_interface # Special case for people having their # endpoint behind a NAT hb_behindnat 1 # # Don't change the local tunnel endpoint hb_statictunnel 1 # # The hostname or IP of the 'external' IP # from which the heartbeat should originate #ipv4_local_resolve 192.168.0.254 # Interface to be used for the tunnel # will be created on the OS's that need that ipv6_interface "sixxs" # The local and remote sides of the tunnel ipv6_pop "2001:6f8:900:27a::1" ipv6_local "2001:6f8:900:27a::2" # The prefix length of the tunnel # Tunnel space is thus ipv6_pop/ipv6_prefixlen ipv6_prefixlen 64 # The Heartbeat password for this tunnel hb_password "****" # The interval at which to send the heartbeat hb_sendinterval 60 # Informational: after this timeout the tunnel # is taken down at the POP side hb_timeout 300 # Put the client in the background? (default) # Set to 0 to keep in foreground, eg for daemontools daemonize 1
heartbeat and m0n0wall
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Tuesday, 15 June 2004 16:28:59
You should check the entries in your syslog. Also did you configure a tunnel interface and/or actually read the README?
heartbeat and m0n0wall
[at] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 16 June 2004 12:23:48
i checked all all is working correct i even made a kernel upgrade but still not running i have no clue what could be wrong
heartbeat and m0n0wall
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Wednesday, 16 June 2004 13:08:12
16 bytes from 2001:6f8:900:27a::2, icmp_seq=1 hlim=64 time=38.846 ms I wonder what is not working then?
heartbeat and m0n0wall
[at] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 16 June 2004 17:27:21
right now i am using it with the windows heartbeat client but due to this i have to run 3 computers i only want to have the ipv6 stuff run on the linux box
heartbeat and m0n0wall
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Wednesday, 16 June 2004 17:54:32
Then you should do some testing: - Check your configuration of the heartbeat client - Check your clock sync with NTP - Check your interface table - Check your routing table Then: - ping6 tunnel::2 - ping6 tunnel::1 If those work you are done and a default route should take care of the rest. If it doesn't you should: - tcpdump -Xns 1500 eth0 and try to see what goes on there.... Have fun debugging :)
heartbeat and m0n0wall
[at] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 19 June 2004 18:09:58
thx i got the answer it was the wrong ntp very silly error :)

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker