SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

www.citrix.com unreachable on ipv6
[no] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 28 July 2014 09:04:52
I can ping and traceroute just fine, but no web access (tried IE and chrome). I have sites with native ipv6 connectivity that do not experience this. I see the same symptom with 1fichier.com. Regards, Henning
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Monday, 28 July 2014 13:15:28
There is lots of websites that are hosted at locations that have administrators who think they know better and who thus block ICMPv6 and thus that break Path MTU discovery. For Citrix this has been the case for several years already, attempts to clueing them in has not seem to have any result. A 'tracepath6' will easily demonstrate that something there is filtering ICMP and thus also ICMPv6 Packet Too Big that is needed for path MTU discovery to work. Little to nothing SixXS can do about, this is all on the admin of the remote site.
[no] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 28 July 2014 15:41:59
Thanks for shedding light on this.
[no] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 10 August 2014 11:38:27
Sadly, it looks like the same thing happened with facebook.com over the weekend. That is a show stopper !
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Sunday, 10 August 2014 12:11:26
Sadly, it looks like the same thing happened with facebook.com over the weekend.
Facebook folks know about Path MTU issues, and their network does not have such issues and they thus do not filter ICMPv6. Got a tracepath which demonstrates the issue? I am sure they would like to know about it, and I can forward that to them easily.
That is a show stopper !
Stopping what kind of show?

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker