SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

IPv6 Tunnel via Fritz.Box 7490.
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 24 June 2014 12:53:07
I dont bring my tunnel state to "up" Im using Fritzbox 7490. Latest Firmware. And im behind carrier grade NAT. Can anyone help me? please.
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 25 June 2014 06:24:07
Matthias Just wrote:
I dont bring my tunnel state to "up" Im using Fritzbox 7490. Latest Firmware. And im behind carrier grade NAT. Can anyone help me? please.
Afaik the AVM sixxs implementation only supports heartbeat tunnels. As these tunnels require a public IP address on the fritz!box they will not work behind a CGN. You need an AIYA tunnel terminated on e.g. your client device.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Wednesday, 25 June 2014 18:44:50
Matthias Just wrote:
Most CGN setups in Germany already provide native IPv6, as they are DSLIte. Hence, what is it that you are trying to accomplish by setting up an IPv6 tunnel, which will provide you something you already have? Also note that tunneling would mean that you are sending packets over that CGN. Hence your IPv6 then gets impacted by the CGN issues, this while the native IPv6 does not have that issue.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker