SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

tunnel only configured in non daemonize mode FreeBSD 10
[gb] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 12 May 2014 22:20:29
I have spent all day trying to get IPv6 to work on a Raspberry Pi running FreeBSD 10. The Pi is behind a broadband router so is NATed and using DHCP. The tunnel mode is in ayiya mode. My first mistake was to set up the tunnel is gif0, as it appears that it needs to be tun0. So I fixed that. The tic protocol is negotiating correctly and returns the right IPv6 addresses. According to the web page the tunnel is alive. The problem is that the sixxs-aiccu does not seem to configure the tun0 interface. I got it working once by stopping the deamon and changing the config file to say daemonize false. When I ran the command "sixxs-aiccu test aiccu.conf"the tunnel came up and I was able to use IPv6 from other hosts on the LAN as well. Further attempts to test the tunnel resulted in a warning that I sent too many tic requests. I must have had three or four attempts so was a bit surprised. Any help appreciated, thanks.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Tuesday, 13 May 2014 08:37:28
According to the web page the tunnel is alive.
What part of the 'web page' does make you think it "is alive"? Did you check the Live Tunnel Status page?
The problem is that the sixxs-aiccu does not seem to configure the tun0 interface.
Are you running it as root (uid == 0)?
When I ran the command "sixxs-aiccu test aiccu.conf"the tunnel came up and I was able to use IPv6 from other hosts on the LAN as well.
What is the output of that command, what do your interfaces look like etc? It might be btw that they changed some commands in FreeBSD 10.x, which might cause aiccu not to work properly btw.
[gb] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 13 May 2014 13:08:27
I now have this working. I suspect that the daemon wasn't actually starting. Things that I changed:- enabled ntpd (however the clock wasn't off much anyway). enabled syslogd removed the # in front of "pidfile /var/run/aiccu.pid" in /usr/local/etc/aiccu.conf I am not sure which of these actually made it work. My complete config, note that this is for ayiya mode /etc/rc.conf hostname="raspberry-pi" ifconfig_ue0="DHCP" sshd_enable="YES" # Turn off a lot of standard stuff # for more free memory. cron_enable="NO" #devd is necessary for proper DHCP operation; # don't disable unless you know how to run DHCP manually. #devd_enable="NO" sendmail_submit_enable="NO" sendmail_outbound_enable="NO" sendmail_msp_queue_enable="NO" # On first boot, enlarge the root filesystem to fill the SD card autosize_enable="YES" syslogd_enable="YES" syslogd_flags="-s -v -v" ntpd_enable="YES" sixxs_aiccu_enable="YES" ipv6_gateway_enable="YES" ipv6_interfaces="auto" ipv6_activate_all_interfaces="YES" ipv6_cpe_wanif="tun0" ifconfig_ue0_ipv6="inet6 [my v6 LAN address] prefixlen 64" cloned_interfaces="tun0" rtadvd_enable="YES" rtadvd_interfaces="ue0" /usr/local/etc/aiccu.conf # AICCU Configuration # Login information (defaults: none) username [username] password [password] # Protocol and server to use for setting up the tunnel (defaults: none) protocol tic server tic.sixxs.net # Interface names to use (default: aiccu) # ipv6_interface is the name of the interface that will be used as a tunnel interface. # On *BSD the ipv6_interface should be set to gifX (eg gif0) for proto-41 tunnels # or tunX (eg tun0) for AYIYA tunnels. ipv6_interface tun0 # The tunnel_id to use (default: none) # (only required when there are multiple tunnels in the list) tunnel_id [my tunnel] # Be verbose? (default: false) verbose true # Daemonize? (default: true) # Set to false if you want to see any output # When true output goes to syslog # # WARNING: never run AICCU from DaemonTools or a similar automated # 'restart' tool/script. When AICCU does not start, it has a reason # not to start which it gives on either the stdout or in the (sys)log # file. The TIC server *will* automatically disable accounts which # are detected to run in this mode. # daemonize true #daemonize false # Automatic Login and Tunnel activation? automatic true # Require TLS? # When set to true, if TLS is not supported on the server # the TIC transaction will fail. # When set to false, it will try a starttls, when that is # not supported it will continue. # In any case if AICCU is build with TLS support it will # try to do a 'starttls' to the TIC server to see if that # is supported. requiretls false # PID File pidfile /var/run/aiccu.pid # Add a default route (default: true) defaultroute true # Script to run after setting up the interfaces (default: none) #setupscript /usr/local/etc/aiccu-subnets.sh # Make heartbeats (default true) # In general you don't want to turn this off # Of course only applies to AYIYA and heartbeat tunnels not to static ones #makebeats true # Don't configure anything (default: false) #noconfigure true # Behind NAT (default: false) # Notify the user that a NAT-kind network is detected #behindnat true # Local IPv4 Override (default: none) # Overrides the IPv4 parameter received from TIC # This allows one to configure a NAT into "DMZ" mode and then # forwarding the proto-41 packets to an internal host. # # This is only needed for static proto-41 tunnels! # AYIYA and heartbeat tunnels don't require this. #local_ipv4_override /etc/rtadvd.conf ue0:\ :addrs#1:addr="[my IPv6 LAN subnet]":prefixlen#64:tc=ether:

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker