SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

speedtouch 510
[nl] Carmen Sandiego on Tuesday, 18 May 2004 23:11:36
I got a problem with my speedtouch 510 router. I want to use the newszilla6.xs4all.nl newsserver so I have downloaded the program Heartbeat and this al works fine and now I have to use NT6tunnel, I have to go to DOS and then go to the dir where this program is in, and then type: nt6tunnel -vd 1119 newszilla6.xs4all.nl 119 but then I get the error: unable to resolve host newszilla6.xs4all.nl , I have already disabled my firewall (Norton and from XP) and I have disabled the Windows ipv6 firewall, so I think that my router is the problem. I have read here a topic that says: SpeedTouch 510 Telnet <your router ip addr> Username : <your username> Password : <your password> nat unbind application =IP6TO4 port=1 config save but I don't know if that is the solution or 'how to do it?', Thx for any help & ideas (I'm a nOOb so keep that in mind, and sorry for the bad englisch, or isn't it as bad as I thougt? :D )
speedtouch 510
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Wednesday, 19 May 2004 09:13:47
The core of the problem "Unable to resolve host newszilla6.xs4all.nl" aka your DNS setup is broken. You might want to use the netsh command instead of nt6tunnel. netsh interface portproxy add v4tov6 listenport=119 connectaddress=newszilla6.xs4all.nl connectport=119 Also see: FAQ: Cool things to do with IPv6 Then again if your DNS is broken that won't work either, thus first start applying all the service packs + windows update fixes, which you really should have done already and _deinstall_ Norton as that will remove the silly winsock hooks. The XP firewall doesn't block proto-41 btw it only blocks incoming connections. Even the XP SP2 thing knows about proto-41. the 'nat unbind' is to make sure that the protocol 41 traffic will actualy work, but that is completely unrelated.
speedtouch 510
[nl] Carmen Sandiego on Wednesday, 19 May 2004 15:19:19
I had all the updates for Windows, except one for WMP but that isn't important I think, if I use the netsh command then I get no error or something, it just takes a couple of seconds and then nothing happens (I don't know if this good or not good), but if I go to GrabIt I get the error: unable to connect to newszilla6.xs4all.nl:119 , I preffer not to to remove Norton but if you think that's the solution then I will try it, tnx for help

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker