SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

aiccue.conf
[gb] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 08 March 2014 16:57:17
Hi I have just set up the conf file and it seems okay but when I run aiccu windows console it says mismatch username/password. I am using the username and the password provided.I am running windows 8.1. I have even changed the password on the site and changed it to the new one, same issue. Below is my conf file: Any help would be great. # AICCU Configuration # Login information - register for account at: http://www.sixxs.net/signup/create username <i have put in here> password <again password in here> #note as of version AICCU 2007.01.15 (default for Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS) the username directive DOES NOT #strip leading space characters. so "username ID123-SIX" IS NOT the same as "username ID123-SIX" # Protocol and server to use for setting up the tunnel (defaults: none) #protocol <tic|tsp|l2tp> #server <server to use> protocol tic server tic.sixxs.net # Interface names to use # ipv6_interface is the name of the interface that will be used as a tunnel interface. # On *BSD the ipv6_interface should be set to gifX (eg gif0) for proto-41 tunnels # or tunX (eg tun0) for AYIYA tunnels. # The value sixxs also works, at least on OpenWRT # ipv6_interface tun0 ipv6_interface tun0 # The tunnel_id to use - request one at: http://www.sixxs.net/home # (only required when there are multiple tunnels in the list) #tunnel_id I have put here # Be verbose? verbose false # for your first tunnel it may well be helpful to turn on verbose mode and turn off daemonize. # Daemonize? daemonize true # Automatic Login and Tunnel activation? automatic true # Require TLS? # When set to true, if TLS is not supported on the server # the TIC transaction will fail. # When set to false, it will try a starttls, when that is # not supported it will continue. # In any case if AICCU is build with TLS support it will # try to do a 'starttls' to the TIC server to see if that # is supported. requiretls false
aiccue.conf
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Saturday, 08 March 2014 17:12:00
I have just set up the conf file and it seems okay but when I run aiccu windows console it says mismatch username/password.
Did you read the password FAQ? Which one did you use?
aiccue.conf
[gb] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 08 March 2014 19:58:04
Jeroen Massar wrote:
> I have just set up the conf file and it seems okay but when I run aiccu windows console it says mismatch username/password. Did you read the password FAQ? Which one did you use?
Hi thanks for the reply. I changed the password from the original, which is the one for logging into the site. So I have username - one sent when registered password - not original one sent I changed that and use that. I am confused what the password faq is actually saying. an idiots guide would be excellent. Thanks
aiccue.conf
[gb] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 08 March 2014 21:17:11
I Have fixed it. It was staring at me in the face, simple spelling error. Thanks
aiccue.conf
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Saturday, 08 March 2014 21:26:15
I am confused what the password faq is actually saying.
What part(s) are unclear? Please tell, as we can only improve things when we are notified about it.
an idiots guide would be excellent.
It is quite hard for a non-idiot to write an "idiots" guide, hence the above request to provide details to what is unclear. Note that for a lot of people IPv6 in general is a hard thing, though for folks with experience already in other fields (eg IPv4) it is much easier; it thus won't be easy when starting from scratch.
aiccue.conf
[gb] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 09 March 2014 11:22:41
Jeroen Massar wrote:
>What part(s) are unclear? Please tell, as we can only improve things when we are >notified about it.
At first It confused me when it says there are 3 passwords, after re-reading again this morning,I now understand it, once I thought about each part. Thanks
aiccue.conf
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Sunday, 09 March 2014 16:20:04
At first It confused me when it says there are 3 passwords, after re-reading again this morning,I now understand it, once I thought about each part.
Ah okay. It is indeed a bit confusing, though there are other FAQ items which might confuse even more ;) If you see any like that, don't hesitate to bring it up so that these can be clarified or otherwise addressed.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker