SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Debian Box with 3 NICs
[ie] Carmen Sandiego on Friday, 30 April 2004 17:55:39
My problem is relatively simple. My DSL gateway is a Debian box with 3 NICs (2 Network cards and a USB DSL Modem). My SixXS tunnel is up and running perfectly and using ip6tables, I have IPv6 connectivity to and from my clients behing the gateway. What I want to do is setup any IPv6 traffic from the gateway machine to the outside IPv6 world to use the nas0 device (which is used with my PPPoE DSL setup) instead of the sixxs device, so traffic comes from an IP within my subnet, as opposed to traffic coming from my tunnel. Currently, I have to manually specify the nas0 interface when I ssh out to get my desired effect. I suspect it's a simple 1 line command using /sbin/route, but I'm no sure. Any suggestions?
Debian Box with 3 NICs
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 30 April 2004 18:11:13
ip -6 addr add <the ip you want to use>/128 dev sixxs The last address that gets added usually is used for outgoing connections... There is some stupid algorithm in Linux that determines it. The 'safest' way I found is to just add the IP to all the interfaces you have, then it will be used everywhere, kind of like a loopback address. You can stick that in the interfaces stuff to with using a 'up' line.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker