SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Windows & ipv6 & hibernate
[be] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 25 April 2004 17:46:40
I am running a Windows 2003 server with a heartbeat tunnel and subnet on it. This machine distributes ipv6 ips to the LAN clients. Everything goes well each pc receives an ipv6 ip at boot and it is useable. But when I hibernate my laptop and I resume I don't have and don't get an ipv6 ip anymore. Ipv4 dhcp and so is working well. But when I am on another location where there is and Linux machine which is distributing ipv6 ips I got one when the laptop comes out of hibernate. Also something: I use at home a wireless network connection to my laptop and on the other location utp connection. Is there somebody that has had the same and knows a solution for it ?
[be] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 04 May 2004 23:35:20
After testing some other cases, I have discovered when I disable the interface and enable it again everything is ok. Isn't there some shorter command to restart only the ipv6 part ? The 'netsh interface ipv6>renew "Wireless Network Connection"' command doesn't help.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Wednesday, 05 May 2004 10:27:29
I guess this is a driver specific problem as I don't have any problems with my wireless card (Avaya Gold thingy) and using IPv6, which I have tested quite extensively.... As for 'restarting IPv6', you might want to give 'ipconfig /renew' a try which also renews RA's. Are you sure that your advertiser is working correctly?
[be] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 26 May 2004 22:58:19
Small update, for the archives. This week I was searching for updates and discovered on a forum that there were much better drivers for my card from Atheros directly. I installed them and with that my issue was solved. Conclusion my issue was related with the d-link drivers.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker