SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

androiccu and routing
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 21 November 2013 14:48:14
Hello, I have problems with the setup of my IPv6 tunnel on my android (AYIYA configuration) concerning routing packets through the tunnel to a remote IPv6 host. I successfully have requested a tunnel and configured in the androiccu app. After starting the app I can see in my tunnel information page that my android phone successfully can be pinged and the tunnel exists. Also I can see (with network info II app) that there is a network interface using the IP of the tunnel. The same setup I installed on my Raspberry Pi (behind a NAT) with the linux version of aiccu and another tunnel. Additionally I use radvd with the given subnet for that tunnel. So a route is added for the subnet. Everything works fine with my RaPi. But on my phone I don't understand how to add an additional IP and route for the subnet of the tunnel and not with the IP of the tunnel. So it is clear that I cannot ping6 any remote host from my android. How to setup something like radvd on android? Is it necessary even if I dont want to do a router advertisment on my phone? What did I understand wrong? Thanks in advance, Best regards Michael
androiccu and routing
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 09 January 2014 10:51:43
Michael Kellner wrote:
Hello, I have problems with the setup of my IPv6 tunnel on my android (AYIYA configuration) concerning routing packets through the tunnel to a remote IPv6 host. I successfully have requested a tunnel and configured in the androiccu app. After starting the app I can see in my tunnel information page that my android phone successfully can be pinged and the tunnel exists. Also I can see (with network info II app) that there is a network interface using the IP of the tunnel. The same setup I installed on my Raspberry Pi (behind a NAT) with the linux version of aiccu and another tunnel. Additionally I use radvd with the given subnet for that tunnel. So a route is added for the subnet. Everything works fine with my RaPi. But on my phone I don't understand how to add an additional IP and route for the subnet of the tunnel and not with the IP of the tunnel. So it is clear that I cannot ping6 any remote host from my android. How to setup something like radvd on android? Is it necessary even if I dont want to do a router advertisment on my phone? What did I understand wrong? Thanks in advance, Best regards Michael
OK, my fault. Everything works fine now. Obviously I dont have to setup special routing entries. After rebooting the phone and trying again the IPv6 connectivity works as expected. Nevertheless I assume that after some reconnects to the mobile carrier the tunnel is not alive anymore. Regards Michael

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker