SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Pinging tunnel endpoint
[us] Carmen Sandiego on Monday, 23 February 2009 01:40:18
Should I be able to ping my tunnel endpoint (::2) from "outside," even if I don't have a subnet set up? --Brian
Pinging tunnel endpoint
[cz] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 23 February 2009 17:20:11
Yes, you should.
Pinging tunnel endpoint
[us] Carmen Sandiego on Tuesday, 24 February 2009 03:04:09
OK, I can only ping endpoint 2bd::2 from 74::2 if I first ping 74::2 from 2bd::2. After that, I can ping back and forth between the two servers without a problem. Any ideas? 2bd::2 is a static IP, so it's up 24x7.
Pinging tunnel endpoint
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Tuesday, 24 February 2009 03:37:11
Connection Tracking. See the FAQ.
Pinging tunnel endpoint
[us] Carmen Sandiego on Tuesday, 24 February 2009 04:03:28
radvd is set up, seems to have resolved the problem (for now). Question: Why isn't radvd required when running under OSX?
Pinging tunnel endpoint
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 26 February 2009 11:15:48
Hi Jeroen probably meant this FAQ item: https://www.sixxs.net/faq/connectivity/?faq=conntracking Also radvd is only needed on a router. It advertises the legit prefix that the clients are supposed to be using for creating their addresses. Plus it of course tells them which route to set so that their traffic is actually being routed. If your Mac is the system that created the tunnel connection it is not really a client in this context. Hence there's no need for radvd. Only if you wanted additional systems to connect to the internet via the sixxs tunnel you'd have to set up a radvd so that those additional systems could auto-configure their addresses properly. Regards M. Reinhold

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker