SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Unsteady loss
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Saturday, 22 June 2013 12:54:04
Hi, since a couple of month I have a very unsteady loss over the day. Seems to be independet if there is high utilisation either of ipv4 or ipv6. First issues appear in November/December time frame last year. Between Januar and March it was OK, but since March it is increasing again. Latency seems to be OK. The connection itself is stable and reconnecting when due ipv4 provider issues the connection stop working. I'm connected via decgn01. Are anybody else struggeling with the same isseu? Thomas
Unsteady loss
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Tuesday, 10 September 2013 07:34:51
since a couple of month I have a very unsteady loss over the day.
What do you consider as 'loss'? When/where/how do you see this happening?
The connection itself is stable and reconnecting when due ipv4 provider issues the connection stop working.
Can you please elaborate what you mean with that sentence? Does the IPv4 provide have issues and then the connection stops working? Which IPv4 provider is this?
Unsteady loss
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 11 September 2013 20:22:07
Dr. Thomas Rauenstrauch wrote:
Hi, since a couple of month I have a very unsteady loss over the day. Seems to be independet if there is high utilisation either of ipv4 or ipv6.
Uups, I solved it, it was my fault. Unfortunately I removed the proto 41 rules on my productive system. pass out log proto 41 from ($ext_if) to xxxxx keep state pass in log proto 41 from xxxxxxx to ($ext_if) keep state I put them in and it worked now like a charm. Firewall wiki is already updated. Thomas
Unsteady loss
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 18 August 2013 19:11:32
Hello Thomas, I'm running an AYIYA tunnel for over four years and experience the last months tunnel issues (as well). In my messages file (on Unix) I see "Incorrect Hash received" messages, after which I have to restart the tunnel. Do you see these as well? Regards, Ferry
Dr. Thomas Rauenstrauch wrote:
Hi, since a couple of month I have a very unsteady loss over the day. Seems to be independet if there is high utilisation either of ipv4 or ipv6. First issues appear in November/December time frame last year. Between Januar and March it was OK, but since March it is increasing again. Latency seems to be OK. The connection itself is stable and reconnecting when due ipv4 provider issues the connection stop working. I'm connected via decgn01. Are anybody else struggeling with the same isseu? Thomas
Unsteady loss
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 06 September 2013 17:31:13
Ferry Kemps wrote:
Hello Thomas, I'm running an AYIYA tunnel for over four years and experience the last months tunnel issues (as well). In my messages file (on Unix) I see "Incorrect Hash received" messages, after which I have to restart the tunnel. Do you see these as well? Regards, Ferry
No, all error logs are clean. Could be an OpenBSD issue? But everything else is working fine. Plan to migrate to the latest release, soon. Regards, Thomas
Unsteady loss
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Tuesday, 10 September 2013 07:36:23
I'm running an AYIYA tunnel for over four years and experience the last months tunnel issues (as well).
In my messages file (on Unix) I see "Incorrect Hash received" messages, after which I have to restart the tunnel.
If a restart solves the problem (and the tunnel details did not change, check the log in your user home), then the only reason that is likely is that you are having memory corruption of one form of another, otherwise it should never happen.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker