SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Getting a subnet allocation
[ie] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 25 March 2004 16:00:45
This is probably a fairly stupid question - however, i assumed that Sixxs would allocate a subnet when i had my 15 credits. On clicking on the setup form it seems that it expects you have an allocation from the POP. Does anyone know if and how I can request an allocation from Heanet (Ireland?). TIA
[pt] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 25 March 2004 20:19:28
Hi You must request the subnet from Sixxs - though, in turn, they will "forward" the allocation request to the POP. I don't know if it is handled automatically or manually, but it will be the POP that will handle you the subnet (or rather, the subnet will be in that POP subnet address space, and routing for it will be handled by the POP). However, the request must be made to Sixxs, through the Request Subnet form: https://noc.sixxs.net/home/requestsubnet/ Regards, Paulo
[ie] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 26 March 2004 12:50:34
sorry about the confusion - i am using w3m as a web browser and i guess it was displaying an hidden field. when i tried again using opera all went well. thanks for the help.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Wednesday, 12 May 2004 10:06:31
"Displaying a hidden field"... thus displaying something that should not be there ? :) I just checked with w3m, as I am of opinion that the site should be accessible with any browser, especially as the site (should) conform to the w3c xhtml, useability and some other standards. The menu bar at the left is quite clear in w3m IMHO, w3m only has the habit of displaying the alt-tags of the images thus the the menu entries are listed twice, but both are still clickable/followable. Both lynx and links also seem workable, though the grafix version is better. Only thing that could be improved on the site is making it layout-table-less, but that will result in having the bottom border at the half of the screen when the content is not that big and as that is very ugly that won't be done unless someone knows a good solution for it. Having with border: -10px or something is not a good solution btw as then it will go over the content.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker