SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

ISK and my aiccu tunnel.
[ie] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 06 June 2013 19:58:49
Hello All, I have a question re ISK. My tunnel has until now been running on a laptop but today I finally procured some HW to keep it up 24/7. My question is regarding this section of the documentation: "As dynamic (AYIYA and heartbeat) tunnels won't be up all the time it will only receive a 5 ISK bonus after it has been created for one week. After that uptime credits will be given every two weeks when the tunnel is alive." My tunnel is about 6 months old but my ISK value has been stuck at -15 since my initial setup issues. Does the 'alive' above strictly mean up 24/7? So my question is this, do I need to keep it alive 24/7 for several weeks to get enough credits togeather to request a /48?. I am sorry but the paragraph above is not 100% clear to me. Thanks in advance. Regards Martin Pegman
ISK and my aiccu tunnel.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 07 June 2013 03:02:14
Note is there is no such thing as an 'aiccu tunnel'. AICCU is a tool, but it can set up a variety (well, 3) types of tunnels: static (proto-41), heartbeat (proto-41) and AYIYA.
Does the 'alive' above strictly mean up 24/7?
Close to that yes. If you see big holes in the graphs on the tunnel details page, then it is not up enough.
So my question is this, do I need to keep it alive 24/7 for several weeks to get enough credits togeather to request a /48?.
At -15, and only 5 credits every two weeks, it would take you 6 weeks. The credit system is not meant for that though; if you demonstrate that your tunnel is up long enough the credits can be granted as specified in the FAQ. The question though is, why you would need a full /48, when it is not being routed all the time. Note that you have a routed /64 which can be used to give a single subnet IPv6 connectivity.
ISK and my aiccu tunnel.
[ie] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 07 June 2013 12:48:52
Jeroen Massar wrote: <SNIP> Thank You. This is exactly what I needed to know. Regards and Thanks again. Martin P

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker