SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

problem wiht p2p
[ar] Shadow Hawkins on Sunday, 26 May 2013 04:04:00
Hi, i'm using windows 7 with AICCU, behind a nat, whit a transparend proxy who block p2p, but its supuse when i use IACCU, make a tunnel and the proxy will no reed my traffic, but still can not use p2p,otherwise i can do "ping ipv6.google.com", but when i ask my ip to whatismyip.com they say i has a dir ipv4. i'm so confused :S
problem wiht p2p
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Sunday, 26 May 2013 13:35:28
Hi, i'm using windows 7 with AICCU, behind a nat, whit a transparend proxy who block p2p,
Which likely means that your network disallows tunneling and other things too. SixXS is not meant to bypass network policies. Please talk to your network operator to what is allowed and not. They likely are blocking whatever you call "p2p" because of legal policies in place in your area or the fact that your network would become overloaded when their users are filling up their pipes which then in turns hurts all the users.
but its supuse when i use IACCU, make a tunnel and the proxy will no reed my traffic
Depends on the tunneling protocol used and the tools they use for checking the traffic. Neither the protocol-41 based tunnels or AYIYA is encrypted, thus an analyzer tool can easily look inside. Cisco analyzers, Wireshark etc support even AYIYA thus I guess anything should easily note it.
,otherwise i can do "ping ipv6.google.com", but when i ask my ip to whatismyip.com they say i has a dir ipv4.
Most Windows hosts do IPv6 per default, but using Teredo. As such, you might want to check what your settings are locally (address, routing tables etc). A website is unable to tell you these...

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker