SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

10 Days past but no +5 Credits?
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 17 March 2004 16:07:36
Hi, My Tunnel was 10 Days online but I didn't get the +5 Credits... Could it be due to the sixxs website downtime on the weekend? (I couldn't reach it several times but the tunnel was working properly...) Thanks, Alexander
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 17 March 2004 17:16:45
Same here for our two tunnels, no downtime. --Niklas Olmes
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Wednesday, 17 March 2004 18:17:44
You might want to have read the news page which mentions this, or to rephrase: No statistics where taken while noc.sixxs.net was down thus it didn't pass out credits too.
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 17 March 2004 20:57:10
So statistic gathering starts from the beginning? I could understand that things like subnets could be delayed as the tunnel should be maintained. But as mentioned in the other forumitem (it's also on the tunnel info page, last downtime 10 days ago) the tunnel was stable around. The credits system is a bit bad if you want to give connectivity to different hosts which do not lay in the same subnet. In the news item is BTW only stated that the statistic gathering was interrupted, not started new. (Otherwise there would have been credits 8 days later?)
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Wednesday, 17 March 2004 21:59:55
The credits system works perfectly. If you require multiple tunnels and subnets then maybe it is time you start searching for an ISP that provides such services directly instead of complaining about a free service? The main reason the credits system exists is to make sure that abusive persons can't keep requesting tunnels and subnets as it will effectively block them out without administrative intervention. From your favourite google dictionary: interruption \In`ter*rup"tion\, n. [L. interruptio: cf. F. interruption.] 1. The act of interrupting, or breaking in upon. 2. The state of being interrupted; a breach or break, caused by the abrupt intervention of something foreign; intervention; interposition. --Sir M. Hale. Lest the interruption of time cause you to lose the idea of one part. --Dryden. 3. Obstruction caused by breaking in upon course, current, progress, or motion; stop; hindrance; as, the author has met with many interruptions in the execution of his work; the speaker or the argument proceeds without interruption. 4. Temporary cessation; intermission; suspension.
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 18 March 2004 19:01:41
Yep, and suspension would mean that it's continued when monitoring is back, so the credits would have been given one day later. I know that this services is free of charge, but I don't know of a "free" ISP providing IPv6 connectivity. My point was only that I get delayed because of this issue to do something really non-abusive. But EOT. I hope that I'll receive my 5 credit points in a week to get this box connected.
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Monday, 22 March 2004 13:35:29
Well, now are 14 Days gone and my tunnel was a week since the noc.sixxs.net downtime online but I didn't get +5 Credits... What should I do?
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 23 March 2004 06:37:16
Just be patient and eventually you will receive your credits. I just got mine and the log says that my host pinged for 2 weeks - so 14 days might be OK. Looks like some POPs grant credits only every 2 weeks. But what is the problem? My request was never denied when I asked for credits. (I didn't have a static tunnel -> only one time credits)
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 23 March 2004 15:45:28
Does demuc01 in general give credits only every 2 weeks?
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 23 March 2004 16:48:06
The log message "pinged for 2 weeks" sounds like that but I don't really know and I even don't care. 5 credits every 2 weeks would still be more than enough for me. Might be "5 credits for first 2 weeks - 5 credits for every week after that" too. If it is really important for you, you might want to ask the Sixxs people
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Wednesday, 24 March 2004 19:28:54
I wonder where it is mentioned that "some POPS grant credits only every 2 weeks" ;)
[de] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 24 March 2004 20:09:48
Oh Jeroen (: Nowhere, but I think it is mentioned that it's up to the POP. Tunnel endpoint <IP> pinged for 2 weeks 5 This, caused by the outage of noc, caused some confusion around us I guess.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Wednesday, 24 March 2004 20:16:48
03-20 01:15 Tunnel endpoint 3ffe:8114:1000::27 pinged for 75 weeks 5 Does that mean that the IPng POP only gives out credits every 75 weeks ? :) No it means that it pinged already for 75 weeks in a row...

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker