SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

moving away from ptlis01
[es] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 07 January 2009 17:19:32
it's already a long time since ptlis01 users we are down. is there any chance to move us to another provider ? where is the procedure ? thanks sixxs team !
moving away from ptlis01
[pt] Shadow Hawkins on Wednesday, 07 January 2009 18:23:27
It's probably not only ptlis01 faults there service is this bad. At the moment the complete portuguese network is worse as it ever was. The interchange is completely irratic and dns servers are more down then up. The commercial providers are not investing in new material and they are overloading the old net with new technologies. In comparison to the rest of europe Portugal has one of the worsed networks you can imagine. Bottom line. Even if you would be changing pop, it will do you no good unless you leave Portugal. An other option is to start making people aware of the problem and try to get things changed. With enough people it should be no problem to start f.i. suiing Sapo for stealing from there customers becouse. I can say that becouse I now from my daily practice that a lot of people are paying to much for there connection. Sapo lowers prices and changes plans but usualy leave people on the plan that is bringing Sapo the most money. It's a complete ripoff just like the MEO system. Internet television in Portugal doesn't even get you the quality you get on YouTube through an analog modem.
moving away from ptlis01
[pt] Shadow Hawkins SixXS PoP Administrator on Thursday, 08 January 2009 05:05:09
Dear Roelf, NFSi have nothing to do with the matters you are saying. PT Comunicacoes (Sapo and Meo) and NFSI are unrelated companies. They don't provide neither have planned properly IPv6 support. You have some fancy website http://www.ipv6.telepac.pt/ which is outdated for ages. The issues we (NFSI) had have nothing to do with the nasty service you are getting from your provider. Probably you should switch provider regards, --nvieira
moving away from ptlis01
[pt] Shadow Hawkins SixXS PoP Administrator on Thursday, 08 January 2009 05:01:32
Hi Jorge, It is true that we had a lot of issues recently, on IPv6. We are commited to provide a good service, but we faced a few challenges and also bad luck. We restored the pop recently, but, then we had another issue related with an upgrade on a IP Transit connection thru Tata Communications (former Teleglobe / AS6453) that took a long time to be restored. At this moment the POP connectivity and also 2001:b18::/32 visibility is restored. Our current 2nd provider (DTAG / AS3320) does not support yet IPv6 transit. We will add a 3rd upstream provider to our IP Transit cloud, and the choosen one supports IPv6 nativelly. Regards, Nuno Vieira

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker