SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Aiccu on solaris possible ?
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 06 January 2009 16:14:31
Has anybody even gotten aiccu to work on solaris? According to this page ( https://www.sixxs.net/tools/aiccu/) it should just compile. But without changes it will not even compile on OpenSolaris. I have gotten it to compile on OpenSolaris by making some small source changes, including having tun_start() always return true ( opening /dev/ip.tun0 doesn't work, you need to use ifconfig ip.tun0 plumb. Don't know if having it just return true is the way to fix this. I am still trying to figure out how to get it to work ) But now it fails in aiccu_os_setup() because uses_tundev is set to 1 for ayiya tunnels. and the sunos code just gives an error and exits in this case. Paul
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Tuesday, 06 January 2009 17:58:56
AYIYA is not supported on Solaris. AICCU does work though, but only for configuring static tunnels (heartbeat thus might work too). Note that it was tested on real Solaris 9 boxes, never on never versions of Solaris, thus eg OpenSolaris. I have OpenSolaris added to the test list for the upcoming edition though.
[nl] Shadow Hawkins on Tuesday, 06 January 2009 23:55:43
OK, thanks for the quick reply. What is needed in Solaris to support AYIYA ? Static tunnel at the moment is not an option, seems the Zyxel modem Telfort provides blocks protocol 41 and switching the modem to bridging mode would require some changes in my network setup... Regards, PAul

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker