SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

Time basis on Tunnel Performance Graphs
[gb] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 14 February 2013 05:41:35
May I ask what the time reference is on the X-axis of the Tunnel Statistics plots on the Tunnel Information part of the Home Page? If I review results for the last three hours say I can see that the results have a granularity of it appears 30 minutes (each step is 30 mins. wide). That being the case, I am puzzled as I am using a UK (gblon02) POP and I am in Great Britain yet it appears the results are being drawn 1 hour ahead of time i.e. it might be 21:00 (UTC) where I am but the last result shown is for the period 21:30-22:00. Is it that your servers are in Europe and thus are displaying results in Central European Time (CET = UTC+1) rather than the Greenwich Mean Time (GMT = UTC) that I am using?
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Thursday, 14 February 2013 07:43:05
All time in SixXS is based on UTC (thus avoiding any summer/winter time nonsense).
[gb] Shadow Hawkins on Thursday, 14 February 2013 22:01:18
Well that is weird, checking tonight I find that the right hand edge of the plot does correspond to my idea of the current time, but I felt sure that earlier, when I did the original post the data was out by an hour and the right side represented a time that was an hour ahead of me. Ah well, I've been trying to get my mind around this whole IPv6 thing recently so maybe it is causing me to see odd things... %-)
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 15 February 2013 08:04:00
Maybe you hit a backend server with a misconfigured timezone, some run for a long long time already and we only switched to UTC everywhere a year or somewhat ago.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker