SixXS::Sunset 2017-06-06

After updating the firmware on my Time capsule tunnel doesn't come up
[fr] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 08 February 2013 07:42:51
Hello, This morning I updated the firmware on my time capsule from 7.6.1 to 7.6.3. Since then I get a tunnel error : There was an error with the ipv6 end point. I've double checked my settings rebooted a few times - but I'm still not able to get ipv6 connectivity. My pop is surfnet's and it is up. How can I figure out what's wrong ? Ludo
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 08 February 2013 08:07:19
Note that there have been reports on the Apple ipv6-dev list that things break. Reverting to the previous firmware helps.
How can I figure out what's wrong ?
By reading the contact page and going through the "Reporting Problems" checklist and providing those details.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 08 February 2013 08:11:37
Seems when the upgrade has been performed the new firmware started rejecting protocol-41 packets... and then indeed things won't work.
[fr] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 08 February 2013 08:17:53
I've filed a radar for that.
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Friday, 08 February 2013 08:19:55
Great, that in combo with ipv6-dev reports that are now upto 3 should help this problem resolve sooner or later. I've also put it on the SixXS twitter feed so that people hopefully see it that way too.
[fr] Shadow Hawkins on Friday, 08 February 2013 08:40:38
Seems when the upgrade has been performed the new firmware started rejecting protocol-41 packets... and then indeed things won't work.
for those of your wishing to downgrade firmware the documentation is at : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1218 I do confirm that downgrading the firmware make things rock again. Ludo
[ch] Jeroen Massar SixXS Staff on Saturday, 23 February 2013 20:38:49
Just in case one did not see it (and more for Google to index that): Arstechnica: Airport Extreme update breaks IPv6 tunnels, but here's how to fix it Or in summary: fill in the "IPv6 Delegated Prefix" and things will work again.

Please note Posting is only allowed when you are logged in.

Static Sunset Edition of SixXS
©2001-2017 SixXS - IPv6 Deployment & Tunnel Broker